Using EPI gear with shims

ReaperSRX

I picked up a EPI gear for my 2000 SRX that comes with 3 shims, stupid question as i came with no instructions....do you use all three shims and do they go first before the gear that bolt on.........James

all 3 shims go on the shaft before the gear goes on. i bought new top and bottom EPI gears for my 01 srx and all the shims have to go on before the gear to get the right spacing so the chain is in line with each gear.

thanks, that's what i figured, but wanted to make sure, oh buy the way what gearing did you change to, i am going 23/39 as i am longtracking my SRX to 136 with RipSaw 1.25 track........James

i went to 20/40 for grass drags this summer, but this winter i'm going to try 23/40, as i don't really want to buy more gears or a 68 link chain to try other ratios, (can get expensive). as for losing some top end, i really don't care if i can only go 170km/h as opposed to 200+, the excitement for me is getting upto speed. the rest of my sled is stock, except for the 02 viper shocks/springs i'm putting in the rear skid, and heel clickers in the primary clutch & 192 studs in the stock track.

Back