The TOTALLYAMAHA SNOWTRAIN TRIP(Canceled)

I really want to go on this trip i have read about it for a couple of years but i can't commit yet. I really want to meet and hang out with some fellow TY'ers. I might just ride from Ottawa hook up with you guys, ride a couple of days and do a loop back into Quebec and back home, if thats ok

Here is a message from Decker:
We will need a deposit by September 30th. With the interest that I have seen on the site I reserved the train. My main concern is that we fill this tour with just TOTALLYAMAHA RIDERS.

So guys let get this going as soon as you can ;)!

how many total people can deckers accomodate tom? maybe if there was a "cut off number" people would be more apt to commit and place a deposit. just food for thought. ski

This does sound sweet!!! Expensive yes! I may have to miss the main ty rides to make this one though. Sounds fun to explore some new terrain. Tom so if I find a roomate i will not have to pay the extra $$$ I think it was 300. This could be a very very good ride. I cannnot commit yet since it is almost a year away but I will make a good effort to make this if all goes well. Thanks for finding this ride Tom....

Chadg

More about Decker Tour’s Support truck & trailer

This support vehicle insures that your Decker Tour is efficient and extra enjoyable.

Your Decker Tour is no back packing, sock shortage trip. The tour trailer not only hauls all the luggage you care to bring, but you can pack oil and spare parts in there too.

The trailer has an extra sled or two on board. If you break down (of course that’s a long shot) we’ll load your sled and get it to the dealer to be fixed. The sleds we’re hauling can be rented so you don’t miss any precious trail hours. There’s not a dealer in every town, but the Canadian snowmobile dealers are the best at fast and expert repair. An illustration of their service ethic was exemplified by the Timmons (Ontario) Yamaha dealer last season. We took a ’08 Nytro in with a snapped spindle. The parts department did not have the part in stock, so they stripped a new sled on the floor, and got our customer running in a matter of hours. .

Our support truck “shadows” or precedes you all day. You should see the rig at lunch stops. You can get some oil or shed some of your gear if the temperatures have risen. You can ride in the truck if you were “over served” the night before. You can have the driver pick up aspirin, beer, or parts. It’s kind of like having a persona shopper.

Once you’ve enjoyed the comfort and convenience of a support truck, you’ll get one of your own.
Any other questions please give me a call 715-479-4424. Or e-mail me at todd@derbytrack.com

This trip should be a blast

I will be one of the guides

Todd A.

Thanks for the input Todd! that really adds a little more insight to the trip. the driver will pick up beer for us! how cool! I need to get my check in the mail!
Chad...... that would be cool if you went Bro'! hope it can work out!

Decker Sno-Venture FAQ
FOR TY TOUR
(TOTALLY YAMAHA)
These are some of our most frequently asked questions; please review this page, you will probably find the answer to your question. If, after reviewing these FAQ’s, you still have a question or a request please feel free to contact us by either phone, fax, mail or email. We will respond to your request promptly.
1. (Q) What if I don’t want to ride everyday?
(A) If during the day or for a complete day you choose not to ride you are welcome to ride in our support vehicle to that night’s destination.
2. (Q) What if my sled breaks down on the tour?
(A) You will be towed to the closest point where your guide can contact the support vehicle and make plans for a rendezvous to pick up your sled. Your sled will be transported to that night’s destination and arrangements for repairs can be made. You also have the option to continue riding on one of our rental back-up sleds to finish that day, and or until your sled is repaired or for the duration of the tour, the choice is yours.
3. (Q) How fast do you typically ride?
(A) All of the tours are always split into groups. This is discussed at the nightly driver meetings and you are given a choice of groups to ride with based upon your experience and riding style. This should guarantee that you will always be comfortable riding, if you prefer a quick or leisurely pace.
4. (Q) How many miles do you ride per day?
(A) The Snow Train route will have days from 150 too 200 miles.
5. (Q) Can I stop to take pictures?
(A) We encourage you to stop for picture opportunities. How this is handled is covered in depth at the nightly driver meetings.
6. (Q) Is there a support vehicle.
(A) We have a support truck to transport all luggage from stop to stop as well as a 40’ trailer with room for a few extra sleds and any parts you need to carry.
7. (Q) What do I need to bring on the Tour?
(A) For clothing, besides your snowmobile gear, we suggest casual attire. Don’t forget your swimwear and your camera. Plenty of dry socks and a pair of sneakers for after hour lounging. Other then those basics it is entirely up to you on what to bring. Just don’t over pack, as you will need to carry your luggage to and from the support vehicle twice a day.
8. (Q) How old do I have to be to go on a Decker Tour?
(A) To ride your own sled you have to comply with local age limits and licensing (usually 13 with a safety certificate). We have had several younger children on tour with us and they have done just great. It is left in your best judgment on the child’s abilities to handle this type of activity.
9. (Q) Can I come as a single?
(A) Singles are welcome; however there is an additional per night cost for single rooms. If you are willing we can try to pair you up with another single to save the added expense, the option is yours.
10. (Q) I have a dietary problem, can I get special meals?
(A) We will arrange meals for touring customers who require special diets for medical reasons.
11. (Q) Daily schedule
(A) Start times – moderately early, end times around 5:00PM – in time to take a hot shower & have a cold drink before dinner.
12. (Q) What do I need to ride in Canada
(A) Ontario trail permit – a 7 day permit is $120.00 can be purchased at the motel or at the Visitors Center once in Canada. You will also need proof of insurance for your sled as well as a US pass port to enter Canada. Also check the Canadian Customs web site for info on what you can and can not bring into Canada.
13. (Q) What is your cancellation policy?
(A) For all US and Canadian tours, a $300 deposit (per person) is required to secure a reservation. Payment in full is required six weeks prior to the start of the tour. 50% of deposit money is non-refundable for cancellations made six weeks prior to the start of the tour. 100% of deposit money is non-refundable for cancellations after six weeks prior to the start of the tour.

I believe I might have to talk to Mom and see if she wants to go on this! You guys seem like a top notch group of guys and i really think this would be fun! If Mom can't make it I might need a room mate!
We are still looking forward to making the summer get together! Hopefully, We will see you then!

Hey WeSled2,, If you and your mom can make the trip you will have a blast. Great people and great times. If you cant make it I will be more than willing to room with your mom... cause I need a roomate to. But I hope you can make it you will have fun..

Chadg

chadg said:
Hey WeSled2,, If you and your mom can make the trip you will have a blast. Great people and great times. If you cant make it I will be more than willing to room with your mom... cause I need a roomate to. But I hope you can make it you will have fun..

Chadg
Mother would make a phenominal room mate! Wait till you try her meatloaf!
MOM!!! MEATLOAF!!!! lol. Mom and I are heading down to Chicago to see nosboy (he needs a friend) and St. Sebina's church to watch father pflager this sunday.Want to join us Chad?

Just a quick little update. We were unable to drive down to Chicago on sunday morning. Mom was making meatloaf, sat. evening to bring with us. When she removed the pan from the oven, It slipped out of her hands, Landed on her foot causing 2nd degree burns and breaking three of her toes! None the less, We spent some time in the hospital room on sat. night and she was unable to drive the next day. Hence, I missed the surmon on sunday mornning and meeting a TY buddy BUT I had a whole bunch of meatloaf all to myself! Maybe Mom's age is catching up with her?

update that might make it easier for some to think about this trip. lynne and i just crossed the border several times last week on vacation, riding the motorcycles around lake superior.

we specifically asked the question to the border agents about the documents required for crossing back and forth. we were given a pamphlet and told verbally YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT UNTIL JUNE OF 2009 TO GET INTO CANADA OR THE US.

what you need is a photo id from your home state or province, AND a birth cirtificate showing your state/province origin. anything less and you will need a passport.

also remember if you have any felony arrests, or dui's you will not be allowed into the country. (either country, it is a reciprocrating agreement between the u.s and canada). ski

We welcome all sledders to Ontario. I've done parts of your trip - you'll have a blast. Timing is perfect. Lots of early spring sunshine, should be snow on the ground.

Enjoy.

TY Trip

Snowgoer has you going to West Yellowstone, (in the current issue.)
2datrl

Back