Ebay Sales in Classifieds

Blkhwkbob

VIP Member
Why doesn't the site request sellers mention Ebay in their subject lines in the Classified sections? It's such a letdown when you see something advertised then open the message and it's just a link to an Ebay auction.

The subject line could say something like:

F/S on Ebay:

I think that would be fine... but it would be really nice to see the links no go to ebay and have them sell the items here and then an alternate on ebay....

But I am open to whatever makes you guys happy... any other thoughts??

I gotta say Tom, I agree with your statement.. "it would be really nice to see the links not go to ebay and have them sell the items here and then an alternate on ebay...." I just don't know how it could be enforced..

for some things i can see puting them on ebay as alot of people as i do, put out a search, looking for say, mono shock skid. sometimes this is a little less time consuming than looking through alot of forums. this is just more people to draw from. i can see why someone would put something on ebay, i think it should just say it in the header or maybe even have another subsection to just move them too.

Another way to look at it might be that if "Ebay" selling was not allowed on here the user would then never create the post.

By them creating the post and then the number of users that view that post.... TY gets that many more hits even if they leave the site eventually. Of course you could argue that since they were already on TY they would have stayed and gave more hits by browsing rather than moving to Ebay and browsing there...

I also agree with the subjectline requirement. Personally I don't think this is the place to advertise your Ebay items, but if it is in the subject of the post it would help. (Esp. in the event that they tried to sell here first)

The funny thing with ebay is that a part (pick one) that you can't hardly give away here will sell for almost new $$ on ebay. I know it's an action site, but come on. Reminds of going to farm sales where people will buy used steel fence posts for 10 cents more than new ones in the store.

I agree that the ebay links blow, but because of the above I can see why people go that route instead.

MrSled said:
All we want is the header to say Ebay... to let uers know.
I can't think of anything more reasonable to ask. I've said it once and I'll say it again - Thank you so much for the great site Mr Sled!!

Back