Got to demo an Apex mountain with a turbo.

deeppowder

Two weekends ago I had a chance to demo one, and I was impressed. I have my old 700 MM working pretty good but that sled rips. Some of the hills that I had to really work to get up with the 700, I went over the top at 60 mph with the Apex. That being said, I did notice some turbo lag, about a second and a half before it built enough boost to really pull hard. This was a 2006 with 4400 km on it and was still like new, no rattles or sqeaks. Without a doubt my next sled will be an Apex. Unfortunately that may have to wait ayear or two.

Hey deeppowder, I got bit by the boost bug myself this year, i got to take a RX1 turbo for a rip about a month and a half ago and i just had to have one for myself. If you look in the photo section i have a couple of posts with some picks. I was able to go up north with it for the last ride of the season, 150km and i'm addicted, all i think about is driving my new sled again, its going to be a long summer.

The turbo's in high elvation are alot differnt in elevation compared to riding a stocker.
In high elevation engines lose hp but turbp hp is still the same so I bet it's really impressive compared to the mm.

Back