Vintage Snocross weekly races in MN

montynormand

Just throwing this out there to see if their's any intrested.
Spoke with the owners of the new Elk River Motor Park today. http://erxmotorpark.com/
Would anyone be intrested in Vintage Trail sled snocross? 4-5 events this season maybe on Thursday evenings?
Pre 1990; No CC's limit; Stock exhaust. Trying to keep this a very cheap form of a run what you brung grass roots racing.
Safety equipment: working teather and a Tek vest. The park may be renting vests if you need one!
This track is close to the trail system, so if you actually ride your race sled to the track....entry would be 50% off!!

Monty

Love the vintage stuff!!!

latejimwergintakesfirstfx6.jpg

this should be intresting. Have a few guys thinking they will give it a try. I might - might.... but all my sleds are ste up for ice ovals

Hi srv540 what do you get for speed out of the srv 540 fan? I get about mid 90's in 1000ft with my 540 liquid.

I just want to keep this topic open. YES ERX (elk river motopark) is happening. Ground is being worked as I type. We are going to run 2 vintage classes as well. A leaf spring and IFS classes for 1990 and older trail machines.
I will be running a 1980 SRV. Going to keep it 100% stock just for the fun of it
Check out the updated website: http://erxmotorpark.com/

Monty

I am pretty interested since it is close. I live in Ramsey, MN. I will try and get the word out to anyone else that might be interested. Sounds like a lot of fun, and fairly innexpensive!!

Schedule - Rules are posted on the site now. Races start 12/15/08 - Yikes, my ice oval sleds are not ready yet, and I have not touched my vintage sno crosser yet!!!!!

http://erxmotorpark.com/

Testing and Tuning Day
On Saturday, December 20th we will be hosting a "testing and tuning day" where some of our race sponsors will be present to show their products and help racers with set-ups, tips, etc. Rick Strobel from Fox Racing Shox will be on hand to unveil and demonstrate the HOT new Float X Evol Shox. Rick will have shox on hand at the track and will be offering special racer pricing. He'll also be available to offer his expertise on suspension set-ups. Further details to come.

ERX Grass-Roots Series
Open practice from noon to 4pm the day of the race, registration opens at 2pm, drivers meeting at 4pm, hot laps until 4:30pm, racing begins immediately after. Head over to the Snocross page for classes, rules and more information.

ERX #1 - Thursday, December 18th 2008
ERX #2 - Thursday, January 15th 2009
ERX #3 - Thursday, February 19th 2009

ISOC Regional Races
January 17-18
February 21-22

went to the ERX site and submitted registration for the leaf springer class! 78EX440X is my weapon of choice. Anybody else anne up????

Last edited:
Sounds Great. There may be a few vintage cross overs form our oval racers as well. I was out there Sunday with my '80 SRV. Man am I out of shape!

dude this is VINTAGE SNOCROSS GRASS ROOTS, BRAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!! trying to get my buddy dragged in to this and have a SRV (8r6) with no fan shroud on the head. anyone got one laying around near St. Cloud MN???

Last edited:
I had planned on being out there Wednesday after work. But I spent all weekend getting my ice oval sleds ready (well at least one of the two) and never touched the SRV. SO I'll just have to wait till our first race on the 18th.
Last week I was told that I volunteered to be the Tech/Safety director for the grass roots events. O-Boy

As of today; ERX has 7 leaf spring sleds and 3 ifs sleds who have registered.

We had 5 or 6 entries in the leaf spring class. Atleast 4 one lunger's and a pretty fast Exciter 440. Then the IFS class had only 3 entries.
Next Race is 1/15/08. Hope to see more vintage guys this time!
Here are a few pics

Attachments

• ERX_monty1st race.jpg
    ERX_monty1st race.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ERX_leafspring.jpg
    ERX_leafspring.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 36
  • ERX_vintage.jpg
    ERX_vintage.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 35

Back