2009 Vmax..!!

orlo said:
What do you guys think of the new VMAX? I think it's awesome except for the HUGE price tag!...

Half that cost is prolly from the engine alone. 200 HP out of 1700cc DOHC V4 is pretty damn impressive though.

They have some pretty cool vids on the micro-site, about the development. Launch timing of the bike may be bad though, with the economy, the way it is.

orlo said:
Launch timing of the bike may be bad though, with the economy, the way it is.
I disagree, being a long time V-max owner this is a cult bike that the Vmax faithfull have been waiting for. Yamaha will sell every one they build. I spoke to my dealer today who came back from the Yamaha dealer meeting last week. He rode it and said it simply took his breath away.

I agree on the cult thing. I've had 2 of them. Great bikes! I was taken back by the price right away though on this one. Just wasn't expecting 17+K. I payed that much for a "Gold Wing" a few yrs back.

Look what people pay for Harley's $18g+ for a slow heavy pig. Pay that for a Vmax you get the same if not better ride along with performance that will run down sport bikes. IMO thats worth more than any Harley.

Back