01 srx vs mxz 800

esishot

i raced a 2002 mxz 800 on the lake twice first time we were side by side and the second time i killed him by three sled lengeths anyone else race one.
MIke

esishot said:
i raced a 2002 mxz 800 on the lake twice first time we were side by side and the second time i killed him by three sled lengeths anyone else race one.
MIke
.......................Hey guys....I have a 2002 srx.....ported, cold air kit..v-force3 reeds, heavyhitter clutch...192 pix's and chisel's......Lots of fun...love beating those bigger lighter sleds.....love the look on ther face..... :na :na

Been der dun it. Raced 2 of em one day on the lake & beat em with my piped 700 sxr & buds stock clutched 01 SRX.

I beat my buddys 03 rev 800x with my 01 srx 700.The rev had a cudney clutch kit and the srx had a heel clicker clutch kit.We ran for about 1/4 mile on a lake and i was about 4 sled lengths ahead.

I beat an 04 800ho rev with my 03 rx1 but now Ill be on an 02 srx hope it will do the same

it's not a race, it's a raping

run him from a dead stop, you'll take him, but to REALLY put the fear of god into him, race him from a 60roll

I have done that race fifty times and I lose to the mxz every time by about a sled and a half. Bone stock both sleds. What can I do to change these results?

what surface are you racing on and how are you riding it, where does your sled reach full shift (rpm).

give us alittle info and we can help you out.

clutching really brings SRX's to life, as would a gearing change, once you are over 100mph tho, the SRX should walk the mxz, no questions asked

just bought my 2000 srx last winter. first trip with a few buddies with 800 mxz's was on the last spring weekend of riding.

we were close but He took me on the line and after a mile i was slowly gaining but running out of room to prove my point every time.

it was a VERY warm weekend, 45-50 deg plus and i found out during the trip that my carb heater valve was open :o| and upon returning home found one power valve cable pulled out. so i guess i almost won with one arm tied behind my back??? of course not knowing this and getting razzed all weekend.

so, the carb heater valve is now closed, the power valve replaced, and i hope to repleace the 23 with a 21 gear chain sprocket if i do NOT loose any top end from this gear change. I think i will smoke him on a cold day, you think?????

oh...considering tempaflow for those warm days too....

tempaflo and gear change worth it? please reply

Ramb

Make sure sled is pulling 84-8500 rpm...make sure clutches are aligned & centre to centre is at least 269 mm & make sure you have traction...it will be a walk in the park!!!!!!

mods

i have a Hauck #4 clutch kit a Hauck growler silencer and my heads were also cut by them i run a mixture of 110 or 111 with 91. he had a silencer clutch kit any v-force reeds lake riding hard pack suface and 10 degrees A perfect day to race.
Mike

Back