clutch kits VS o.e.m wheights

MrSled said:
Fortress, Whats the sled running for RPM??? I know the 01s sure run good out of the box.

Mr sled,, my RPM is in the good range !! 8400?? something like that!! So ?? you said i will not really improve something?!

Either Turkster or Tom can probably answer this, but i am running 8CA's right now with a 52/44 helix and green spring in a '01 SXR7, also 14.5mm rollers. If i switch to the 8DN-20, how much top end will i pick up and how much bottom and midrange will i lose? I've never tried the DN's before, only in my friend's 98 srx, but those weights aren't the DN-20's. Thanks

The 8dn-20,s are very close in profile to the stock 8df weights but the mass in them is all different. You can get the 8df,s to work well with that 52/44 & maybe try a w-g-w primary spring or w-w-w with 14.5 mm rollers. You have a lot of options.

oh cool, that will be nice to try out those stock 8DF's with a multiangle and some different spring set ups, because they sure do shift slow with the stock set up in there. Thanks for the advice! ;)!

8DN-20 question

Turk,

Stock 02 SRX 700, i wanna try the factory 8DN-20s again, it runs 8400-8500 right now with the 47 helix and red spring.

(I also run 40-10 HC's with a 50/40 and green spring.
also have 48/34 and 51/43 helixs)

If i were to add a multiangle helix which one would I want to try, with the 8DN-20s?

I was told both start and finish angles when added up then divided by 2 should equal the stock angle that came with sled, and that this would get you close.

EXample: 02 SRX straight 47 , so say (51/43) 51+43= 94, 94/2= 47
or say a (52/42) 52+42=94, 94/2= 47

Is there any truth to this formula???

Last edited:
I like the tunability (sp) of weights like the Heelclickers and Heavy Hitters, but was half tempted to go back to a set of 8dn20s just to see how they stack up. I had 8dn10s in before and I think the HC and HH pull harder in the mid and low range, but that might be because I can tune them quite a bit easier also.

Back