26'+ enclosed trailer?

Thumper1

starting to do some research on buying a 26-30' enclosed v nose aluminum trailer. anybody have any recommendations as far as brand? want the low boy/car hauler style. also are there any big trailer dealers in the vicinity of northwest illinois that has several brands to compare? thanks guys!

I don't know about the car hauler type. I have a Wells Cargo snowmobile trailer full 8' wide and 27' inside and I like it. Well put together and it tows great.

does Haulmark make snowmobile trailers? i know those trailers are pretty solid. i know they make little enclosed trailers, but as far as 5 place trailers i am not sure.

this is a 2008 nash snowmobile trailer called the aerostar it is 24 feet long by 7.5 wide then there is a 8 feet v nose. it will hold 5 sleds no problem with alot of room. they are made in allegan mi. awesome trailer at a good price.

Attachments

• a side sticker (2).jpg
    a side sticker (2).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 3
  • a rear sticker (2).jpg
    a rear sticker (2).jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 4
  • trailer 3 (2).jpg
    trailer 3 (2).jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 4
  • trailer 2 (2).jpg
    trailer 2 (2).jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 3
  • a sticker (2).jpg
    a sticker (2).jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 3
I just bought my 29' Trition low boy from Finnegans RV in So. Beloit Il. 1 800 383 2267 If you call talk to Mark. I dont know where you live but you could come over and check it out. Awesome Trailor, Quality is top of the line.

never heard of nash before but that is a sweet trailer! beloit a couple hrs away. i was looking at the Triton's yesterday and they look pretty nice. maxdlx probably knows of some places in IA cause i think there is a big trailer dealer in NE Iowa but can't remember the town or name of the place. right now probably looking at triton's or Neiman's (and that Nash looks good).

teamblue- can you get 5,000lb axles on that trailer?

Triton is very popular, Charmac is economical but not as good, Mirage is really nice.

There are a long list of others with quality trailers.

Just remember that most have more than one line and a host of options. The low end of one Manufacturer will likely not be as good as another Company's higher end. Just be sure to compare apples to apples with money of course being the final barometer.

Get to a snow show where you can walk through a number of them, also most of the magazines have an issue with a whole section on trailers every year.

I see this post is old but I have been looking at trailers and think I want to go with an R&R (I feel like I am playing pin the tail on the donkey) but my 2 biggest questions/concerns are 7 or 7.5 ft. Wide also 6' or 6.5' ceiling height. I want to have a half of a chance of getting 5 sleds in so I am going with a 24' deck +5' vee and I am really am tired of hitting my head walking out of my current small enclosed trailer, also the manufacture is insisting that a trailer this long needs 3 axles. Please I am open to any and all feed back I hope to have a long turn relationship with the trailer getting sick of
buying stuff that isn't perfect as it could be.

I prefer the 102" wide, max legal width, over the axle trailers. This give a completely flat and full width inside trailer. Very easy to load and unload. No pushing and shoving around inner fenders. We move our sleds in and out every night while riding. Pull in at night, turn on the heat, everything thaws and drys out. Next morning, all is nice and warm and dry. Simply open front door and drive out. Ours is a Rance Renegade. 27'

The problem with a narrow trailer, every single sled must be moved if you want to unload and load up one or even two. We always carry 4 sleds even when we are only using 2. We simply load the two sleds we are using that weekend one in front of the other. Narrow trailers can't do that as they must be placed stagered. No room to walk around or even room to work on your buddies Cat or Polaris. lol Al

Back