My Silverado Yamahauler (a must see)

MountainMax

How do you guys like My 'Yamahauler' I designed custom graphics for it to make it look the part, now if I could only find the proper PPG blue paint code, hehe.

See more pics and info on one of my Cardomain Pages

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/438505

Attachments

• P6040005.JPG
    P6040005.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 41
  • P6040007.JPG
    P6040007.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 44
  • P6040008.JPG
    P6040008.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Im not much of a Chevy man, but its a cool paint job.
This is a little off-topic, but it goes along similar lines as your Chevy.
Last year Toyota announced that they would be offering a special version of the Tundra that was very similar to your Chevy.
It was called the "Yamahauler Edition". These trucks came only in Yamaha blue and had the same sort of side design as your Chevy has.
They were also only available in DoubleCab models (crew cab) and came with TRD dual exhaust and had TVs build into the front seat headrests and came with both a DVD player and Nintendo GameCube.
In case you dont know, Toyota and Yamaha have a long-standing partnership. In fact, I think Toyota owns a certain percent of Yamaha (I believe they own 40%). Anyways, Yamaha has contributed to several Toyota vehicles over the years. The first that I recall is the 2000 GT back in the '60s. Yamaha has also contributed to both engine and suspension development over the years. Currently, the Toyota Corolla XRS uses a suspension that was designed by Yamaha.
Hebi

Thanks for the info Hebi, I didn't know that, I do know that yamaha made the engine both v6 and v8 versions for the Ford Taurus SHO (super high output) and it hauled ASS.....im not a ford fan but it was an impressive engine in it's day (15 years ago ish)

MountainMax said:
Thanks for the info Hebi, I didn't know that, I do know that yamaha made the engine both v6 and v8 versions for the Ford Taurus SHO (super high output) and it hauled ASS.....im not a ford fan but it was an impressive engine in it's day (15 years ago ish)

...also, Volvo's new X90 (sports ute) will have a Yamaha made 320 hp. V8.

Those Tundras won't win any beauty contests, ...but I'll take a dressed up Denali any day, ...Yamaha logos and all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you could say. One thing you cant deny, the Tundra has not even a fraction of the defects and recalls that Ford, GM and Dodge have. Love 'em or not, you cant deny the reputation that the Toyota brand has.
Ive personally always liked the Tundra. If I were foolish enough to go out and spend $30,000 on a new truck that'd be the one I would buy. No reason to though, my '99 F-150 is still going strong at 110,000 miles.
I figure why spend money on an new truck when mine is still going strong. Save my money for a different sled in a few years. I have this plan of making an SX Viper snocross sled.
Custom paint scheme, 6" bar riser, triple pipes. A sled like that would send the 800s and maybe a few 900s home with their tails between their legs Id bet!
I could build a wicked sled several times over for what a new truck would cost me!
Hebi

Here's one to behold, ...92' Yamaha OX99-11 GP. I can almost see it in blue with strobes. Would like to see yamaha resurrect this in an affordable roadster.

Attachments

• ox99-02.jpg
    ox99-02.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 22
Cool truck, know im a chevy guy only cus i have a suburban to haul my yammies. Last truck was a toyota that we would jump in the air 3-4 feet and tear up the mud. That truck would look good with mud on it!

come on now. any truck looks good with mud all over it! means its gettin used properly. shoulda gave my bro a camera. he went 4x4in this weekend. they had a yoda stuck in mud over the hood. his beast went throgh same spot and made it. i know he had a good time cause he got stuck too. pulled an s10 bumper in half tryin to get him out. ended up winchin him out. he had the least amount of stucks in a group of about 10 trucks. not bad fer havin bald 38" rubber wrong gears and not quite enough grunt eh? btw its a chevy 1975-1992. ;)!

Easy on the toyota's just bought a tundra double cab and out of all the double cabs i drove it was my favorite. Back seat is huge and the most comfortable by far than any of the others. The chevy avalanche was next but still not as comfortable. rides more like a car and the power rear window is really neat. anyways just my 2 cents.

Back