(season 2008-2009) TY mileage IKE

My brother and I visited Puhätunturi ski resot today. Good riding, only the trails were pretty beat. http://www.pyhatunturi.fi/

SaminkanssaPyhll004.jpg

Pic from the slope hotel´s front yard.

SaminkanssaPyhll003.jpg

We had hot chocolate and stuff at the hotel.

SaminkanssaPyhll001.jpg

SamueLJackson tuning his Rev´s suspension. Some riders tune it by thumb from the handlebars... LOL

mileage: 135 km
weather: blowing snow -7c
total mileage 08-09: 609 km

Ike

YAMAHIZAL700 said:
nice pics

Thank´s!

Went for short spin this evening to the local lake. Heavy snow had pushed water on top of the ice here. Not that fun at all... :brr

Hiihtolomallapoikienkanssa015.jpg

Only one pic today. I´m parked along side a small island. It had someones summer cottage and sauna there.

mileage: 24 km
weather: cloudy -4c
total mileage 08-09: 633 km

Ike

Been really busy here. Lost track of my mileage day by day, but I have rode around 270 km´s since last log.

Been riding out in the field doing work and in my freetime too. Best time of the season is at hand. Warm days, lots of fresh snow (sun is over the horizon more than it´s down, so the day is longer than the night here right now)

Kaarestunturissa223002.jpg

Kaarestunturissa223001.jpg

Viivanpalo002.jpg

Having lunch at work

Viivanpalo001.jpg

mileage: 270 km
weather: c
total mileage 08-09: 903 km

Ike

Last edited:
Yep! It´s that time of year again. I´ll be out for the weekend with my friends. This time I´ll take my 4 stroke Warrior as my ride. As will my friend take his Warrior. Also my other friend will have his Vector LTX. And this time we´ll be joined with a guy with his Viper. So, all Yamaha group.

We have about 800 km´s of riding ahead of us.

Map of Finland in Europe

This link opens a PDF where you can see different trail maps from northern Finland. We are going to ride in the 8 -10 labeled map areas.
http://varaamo.villipohjola.com/intresdocs/kuvat/urakartat/kartta_indeksi.pdf

We´ll be doing the riding in the 8-10 map areas mostly. Spending one night in our cottage at Lokka, other in Tulppio.

So , I´ll post pics and stuff when I come back home.

last years trip. http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5255

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42404&page=2

Ike

After 3 days and 628 km´s later I´m back at home. This year was the 10th year with my friends riding in our beautiful country. So, it was kinda special 3 days.

Great 3 days: awesome weather, lots of snow and fun with my friends. My sled worked perfectly and most of all I used half the gas what I did in previous years riding my Vmax-4. Average fuel consumption was 14,5 litres / 100 km´s with my Warrior.

Ikenkuviareissusta2009029.jpg

Our cabin at Lokka.

Ikenkuviareissusta2009046.jpg

Parked on the trail on our way to Kemihaara.

Ikenkuviareissusta2009041.jpg

Cooking some sausages.

Ikenkuviareissusta2009068.jpg

Scenery.

Ikenkuviareissusta2009026.jpg

Sunset from the top of Vuoltinen. Lokka resevoir in the backgroung.

Rest of the pics can be found from :

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/Ikejaakola/Kelkkareissu 2009/

I´ll add more pics there soons as possible.

mileage: 628 km
weather: awesome!
total mileage 08-09: 1531 km

Ike

Teronkuviareissusta2009033.jpg

Teronkuviareissusta2009040.jpg

Teronkuviareissusta2009013.jpg

Well, pic says more than 1000 words

Teronkuviareissusta2009014.jpg

Ikenkuviareissusta2009054.jpg

Ready to go to sauna in the evening. Sun is still shining since day is wayy longer than night in this time of the year.

Ike

I loaned my sled to brother and her girlfriend for a day. I rode to Luosto and back with it (they also had his 440 Rev).

And in easter time we were at Kemijärvi icefishing. Not too much luck with the fishes, but had great time on the lakes riding. Sorry no pics since I forgot my camera home.

mileage: 310 km
weather: awesome +9!
total mileage 08-09: 1841 km

Ike

Thank´s Nosboy!

Long time since my last post, but hey, who´s counting.

Went for a ride today. Just to test for our clubs annual uphill dragrace this upcoming weekend.

Awesome weather and still lots of snow in the trails. Like you can see from the pics.

Kaarestunturissa2342009003.jpg

Kaarestunturissa2342009005.jpg

Kaarestunturissa2342009004.jpg

mileage: 60 km
weather: 10 c
total mileage 08-09: 1901 km

800cc final and open final. 800 cc was won by 800PTek Lynx and the open class by PSI 1404 cc Thundercat what my friend owns.

Kommatinkapinat2542009003.jpg

The track

Kommatinkapinat2542009004.jpg

That Thundercat, F8 and my Warrior.

I did quite good in the short 200 m run with my Warrior, Beat Poo 600 RR, Doo 600 XRS. One Nytro was just a little too fast for me and one 600 Open Mod Cat also beat me.

Well, I need a better track for my sled for theese slush conditions.

more pics here --->

http://kelkkalehti.com/keskustelu/index.php?topic=2618.new#new

Ike

Season is done for now. May have put the sled on the trailer to get near snow. My last ride was yesterday actually. Still snow left in the high areas though.

Pervaarassavappuna001.jpg

mileage: 60 km
weather: 15 c
total mileage 08-09: 1961 km

Ike

Last edited:
Congrates to Ike for winning this years Mileage Fun Contest. Please email webmaster at Totallyamaha your shipping address and I can talk to you about what we have for Prizes. Thanks for playing and see you next year for more fun.

Tom

MrSled said:
Congrates to Ike for winning this years Mileage Fun Contest. Please email webmaster at Totallyamaha your shipping address and I can talk to you about what we have for Prizes. Thanks for playing and see you next year for more fun.

Tom

Oh, sorry about my really late response Tom. Been busy as hell lately (for over a month now).

And thank you!

I´ll pm you my address etc.

Ike
:o|

Last edited:
Tom, thank you for the backpack. Just what I need. I was aalready in use yesterday at our annual watercrosss event .

(pics will follow)

Ike

Back