Dead cylinder, losing hair fast!

Pull the pipe off the dead cylinder and see if it is plugged. The pipe may be full of fuel or perhaps a mouse nest. See if the cylinder will fire without the pipe on. Pull the reeds and see if one is broken. Use a new spark plug when you get ready to pull it over.

Problem solved

A brand-new NGK plug was no good. #$%&* When I tested it I did the standard "rest it on the head" trick, which produced a blue spark. But I didn't look closely enough at the PLUG. I suppose what I saw was the blue spark between the plug and the head, NOT between the plug electrodes. But since it was a NEW plug, I did not assume that it could be bad. :o| Ya know what they say about ASS-U-ME, right? :ORC Anyways after the folks on the forum agreed that it is possible for a new plug to not function correctly I went home and simply moved #2 (new) plug to #3, and #3's to #2. Lo and behold the problem followed the plug and #3 was not firing. Put ALL NEW plugs in and it runs great. ;)! But sonnovabeetch that was frustrating. Those BR9ECS plugs are like $7 each too! But in the long run, the problem was a bad plug. Cleaning the carbs has made the sled a lot easier to start, but really wasn't the problem.

Thanks for everyone's help and opinions on this!

Jim

Back