Clutch upgrade,Exciter 570 -89

Belts are the same. The vmax clutches have different weights, rollers and springs. They will need to be changed. Look for any cracked or bent sheaves and rust on the stem.

Is there any difference in a comet clutch or a stock one. Any of got leads on parts? I am going crazy trying to find some!

Reviving this old thread; could I use a 2002 SRX secondary for my '93 Exciter II SX? Also looking at using an '02 SRX for a '91 Phazer II roller secondary. Do I need to replace the primary clutches on either sled or can I run the stock primary with the SRX secondary? Thanks.

Not sure a 02 srx secondary will work on an Exciter. The secondary was updated for the 95 model year.

Reviving this old thread; could I use a 2002 SRX secondary for my '93 Exciter II SX? Also looking at using an '02 SRX for a '91 Phazer II roller secondary. Do I need to replace the primary clutches on either sled or can I run the stock primary with the SRX secondary? Thanks.
yes you should be able to if you do it like in this thread from ty 4 stroke;

as the fx phazer/mp/venture lite all use the same clutch for the secondary. when i run out of spares for these, or need better tuneability, i will go this way with my secondary.

The secondary from a 95-96 5-600 will work as they had the same length jackshaft.

Back