R.I.P. Dan, Ride in control Guys!

Rest in Piece Dan! Not sure what really happened up there yet but the current rumor is that the other rider did not make it and there was No Alchohol involved with either rider!

Just read at TY how folks describe their speeds on the trails and you can see how these things happen street racing is nothing compared to the carnage on the trails.
Unsafe trails will be the demise of this sport not cost or fuel or cold.

Jim

1 year ago tommorrow and there are still tons of sledders running around drunker than skunks. how many accidents have to happen before this stuff stops?

not again

well I hate to come on here and give bad news.I just heard on the 12 o'clock news that we have just lost another snowmobiler.Not sure where exactly,but at a Lake and cottage country.A group of cottagers were going for a ride,one man,43 years of age decided to shoot ahead him self on the lake first.When the rest of the group could not find him ..they started a search which lead them to an opening in the ice.They couldn't get close enough to get to him,called 911...but the man didn't make it.This is so sad on the beginning of a new year.There are warnings out to be careful of Lakes and Rivers.There are no trails open either,so people are riding hopefully knowing where they are going.Hate to say this,but this is just the beginning.

I found out this weekend that the rider who hit Dan, did have alcohol in him but no charges were pursued, it seems his family has higher connections within the town/county and he somehow had everything dropped or lost. I love the Northwoods justice, it's kind of like a different world.

friday night an 18 year old here took his sled out for a test ride after working on it, hasn't been seen since
Have they found him yet.They must be able to follow his tracks..or not.Any Lakes near by..
nope nothing yet, there is a lake near where he left, he left in the middle of a 4 day storm, so his tracks probably covered over fast with the wind and snow
update: wardens found tracks going into open water, going to start searching with sonar, very sad

another death

well it was just on the news here.Another snowmobiler lost his life today.With all the snow coming down,conditions a little bad..the guy they say nailed a tree, and that speed and conditions were a factor.What is wrong with people,slow down especially if you are riding in wooded areas....another family suffers a blow. :o|

Back