2001 Srx 700 coolant light blinks 7 times

jdmt49

Just pulled out the 700 and light keeps flashing 7 times over and over. Power vales are free and clean...PV motor goes back to home position if i turn it by hand....sometimes when I choke it to try to get it to move under 900 rpm it does and somtimes does nothing....wiring looks good..???? The light did stop after riding a bit but now its back....sled runs like a top....but the light must mean somthing....any idea's...thanks

The only thing I see for 7 blinks on a warning light is for the PV servo motor. Look a little deeper there. I don't know alot about the power valves since I have a NPV. But that what the tech pages said.

No....the sled runs perfect thats why i'm confused...its almost like a FALSE error code..

use the idle on the carbs and idle it down to under 900 wile watching the
servo see if it acuates nice and smooth..not jittery..

voltage

That is at idle speed and its does'nt go up much when rpm goes up maybe .25 volts...

Last edited:
you problay already check this but see if you have a stuck valve. it could be stuck closed. im refering to the service book which says to check the whole powervalve system. just a thought. hope u find the problem.

Hey guys! Im new to the thread and I have a question, hope you guys can help out!
So, i just bought an 01 srx 700 tripple and after riding for a little while, when the sled gets up to 6000 rpm or higher, coolant light flashes 7 times... hoping to work on it tomorrow and get this sorted out, any ideas!? Thanks!

You probably won't want to do this but you need to pull your powervalves and inspect things. Sucks for stuff like this to happen mid season. I was nervous pulling mine first time this year but after utilizing this site and the service manual it's fairly easy. Mine required full rebuilds.

Remove all the powervalves, perhaps a valve is stuck and won't allow the PV motor to operate when the CDI asks for it to open and is throwing a code.

Solve the issue yet? I just started a thread as mine is doing it too. First fire of the year. Haven’t even revved enough to engage the clutch. Just idling sitting there I got 7 flashes:(
Does the Cdi command the servo at all on start up or at idle speed? Cause like I said I haven’t even revved enough to engage a clutch

Back