Clutching - 2001 SRX 700

Tryed and trued:

8dn-20 weights(you should have in already)
4.5 gram rivets in both holes
with either of the two springs;w-w-w or y-s-y, the white has more
engagement speed
51/43 helix with green secondary @70 wrap

your shooting for when pinned shoots to 8100 then slowly climbing
to 8500 WOT..no more..that's peak HP on a stocker

as above but 54/44 helix. this makes 1,274,205 times this question has been asked & answered.

PNPerformance said:
daman have you tryed 8bu 10 g w g stock helix.
I have not no,,i'm running the set up i listed above,very happy with it..

Turk said:
as above but 54/44 helix. this makes 1,274,205 times this question has been asked & answered.
better then the 51/43 turk?

Last edited:
51/43 ain,t enuff helix for a strong running srx. that helix is less aggressive then a strate 47. i never ever recommended that helix with stock weights.

Turk said:
51/43 ain,t enuff helix for a strong running srx. that helix is less aggressive then a strate 47. i never ever recommended that helix with stock weights.
Right i never said you did,just what i used and it works for me,,thanks maybe i'll try a 54/44 and see

Turk said:

At elevation of 6000', I'm guessing I would probably have to drop the outer rivet for this set up?

ya daman..51/43 didn't really work for me either.I went back to 47 then.I have 4.5 inner,5.4 outer,w-w-w primary spring,8DN-20's with 15.6 rollers,green seconday spring at 70 wrap.I might even go with a 60 wrap and see what happens.One thing is that I am not over-reving on top. I launch to about 8200-8300...maybe this will get me down to 8100 and then climb to 8500.May try this today.Finally warming up here..-11C now..going to -7 C this afternoon.

same as marty but...

i have the advant 48/42 . works flawlessly . btw what does the advantedge 48/42 compare to other brand helix. as in what is it the same as 53/42 or 55/42 maybe?

Doug that was what Don had recommended back when i first got my x so that's how i set it up,,pulls like a f**ken train,,i may try the 54/44 someday but the big x is in storage right now..sleeping like a beauty. lol

Turk
What do you think of heelclicker's clutch weight's i have 2 diffrent set's plus a roller secondary with a straight 42 helix??

I love the hc,s. They work awesome. They run very well with a helix close to 50/44.

THANK'S turk i'll try that out. I have too still put those weight's in yet. What primary spring should i go with hc red or white.??

use red hc primary spring. try 4 grams heel & tip to start. green yamaha secondary spring at 60-80 wrap...depending on traction.

daman said:
with either of the two springs;w-w-w or y-s-y, the white has more
engagement speed

isn't the engagement going to be the same, as they both have the 45kg pre-load? the w/w/w should shift out harder than the stock y/w/y.

mopar1rules said:
isn't the engagement going to be the same, as they both have the 45kg pre-load? the w/w/w should shift out harder than the stock y/w/y.

no...

www is 45/119

ysy is 35/118

engagement with the www is 4200
engagement with the ysy is 37-3800

is what i'm seeing with loaded 8dn20's

daman said:
no...

www is 45/119

ysy is 35/118

engagement with the www is 4200
engagement with the ysy is 37-3800

is what i'm seeing with loaded 8dn20's

daman, i'm talking about the stock y/w/y spring, not the y/s/y spring. y/w/y is 45kg start and so is the w/w/w spring. primary should shift out harder w/the softer rate w/w/w spring, versus the y/w/y. engagements should be the same.

Back