Clutching - 2001 SRX 700

lol....sorry read it wrong,,right engagemt should be the same, shift out should be easer/faster no? the total force is less @119 for the www vs 128 ywy.

spring rates are about the same 2.5 vs 2.55..

daman said:
lol....sorry read it wrong,,right engagemt should be the same, shift out should be easer/faster no? the total force is less @119 for the www vs 128 ywy.

spring rates are about the same 2.5 vs 2.55..

w/w/w rate is 2.25 and y/wy rate is 2.5......i checked the chart at http://www.pioneerperformance.net/ under "clutching". w/w/w will shift out harder and faster than y/w/y.

HEY ? What advantage whould it be by changing the roller size.15.6 is stock so would 15mm work our a 14.5 roller.and what doe's it mean when it increase and decrease force.this is clutching on a 2001 srx 700

daman, i miss read your 1st post....i see you were talking about the y/s/y spring (35/118). i thought you were talking about the y/w/y spring. now i see why you said the w/w/w spring (45/119), has more engagement than the y/s/y. i forgot my coffee, before reading your 1st post.....lol.

daman said:
Tryed and trued:

8dn-20 weights(you should have in already)
4.5 gram rivets in both holes
with either of the two springs;w-w-w or y-s-y, the white has more
engagement speed
51/43 helix with green secondary @70 wrap

your shooting for when pinned shoots to 8100 then slowly climbing
to 8500 WOT..no more..that's peak HP on a stocker

daman, can i get that setup at my dealership? what spring would i be better off with? more engagement speed or not?

PNPerformance said:
HEY ? What advantage whould it be by changing the roller size.15.6 is stock so would 15mm work our a 14.5 roller.and what doe's it mean when it increase and decrease force.this is clutching on a 2001 srx 700
don't know abou the rollers but i did turk HC /helix/spring suggestion with great improvements!!!!

PNPerformance said:
14.5 increase the force too much (especially with h/c) and you'll just sit there and spining the track. Plus you can not run as much weight in the tip.

Both the 15 and 15.6 are good.

Yamidude59 said:
daman, can i get that setup at my dealership? what spring would i be better off with? more engagement speed or not?
yes,all parts can be bought at your dealer, i like a lower engagement speed
helps the sled hook better with the power from a srx.

if your a heavy guy 200lbs+ use the www,if your a lighter guy under 200 use the ysy is what i'd do..

or you can fine tune the ysy with yamaha shims to get the r's coming in right right for ya.

Hey guy's thank's for all our and idea's for clutching my 2001 srx 700 it's just a matter of time testing and tuning trying diffrent set up's i'm hoping too run 115mph and over 120mph.buy the end of the winter.I'LL keep use all posted in what happen's.

do i need to change the jets if i change my clutch to a www spring and a green with a 51/43 helix running at 1800ft at -20 temperatures

01 jetting stock was the fattest of all the years. except the pilot. I would change the 40 pilot to a 42.5

Look at the jetting chart in the tech pages, my guess at -20 would be on the edge

Back