80 srx carb venting????

Stevie Ray

Does anyone know if and what length hoses hook up to the top of the butterfly carbs for the bowl venting? I cant find it in the service manual. There is only one fitting on each carb, on the top,near the back. Anyone??? :dunno: Thx

Hey that would be great YammieGod. Are you happy with the butterfly set up or were you ever tempted to hook up a pair of slide carbs??? ;)!

MY 1980 SRX IS 100% ORIGINAL WITH YES THE STOCK BUTTERFLY CARBS. I TAKE IT NOW TO VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SHOWS. I DO REMEMBER THESE SLEDS WHEN THEY WERE NEW AND I ACTUALLY HAD ANOTHER 1980 SRX THAT HAD STOCK BUTTERFLY CARBS THAT WORKED GREAT SO NO TO TELL YA THE TRUTH, I NEVER THOUGHT OF SLIDES. ALTHOUGH I SEEM MANY CHANGED OVER. THE BUTTERFLY CARBS ACTUALLY CAN WORK GOOD AND ARE VERY RESPONSIVE. JUST HAVE TOO KEEP THEM TUNED AND CLEAN. I,LL MEASURE THAT LINE TOMORROW FOR YA. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
Hey Thanks for the good advice on the carbs. I am trying to get them set to stock along with the clutching. I dont know why but the stock power jet says 115 in the book but mine has 92.5's in it??? I can only get 110's, so I will start with that.

Hey Yammie God, I hope you didn't forget about me. I was wondering how long your vent hoses are on your 80 SRX. Any info would be super. Thx

Back