Viper Temperature Gauge

02ViperMody44

Life Member
I'm looking to put a temperature gauge on my 02 Viper, but I'm running into the question, is the electrical AC or DC on the sled. I'm looking at the KOSO brand digital gauge, and has anyone had any experience with this gauge. Thanks

it would be DC...unless there's something I don't know about. Don't bank on my post..haha

I looked into this early this year and mounted a temp gauge on my 02 viper. Here is what I used:
Cyberdyne A020E060Y from summit racing
The kit came with gauge and sending unit. Summit messed up my order so I got an upgrade to the one with the memory recall which is a useful feature on a long trail ride. That is what the button is for just under the gauge. You press it and it will show the low and high temps.

The pod is just a basic dash mount pod that needed some small modification.

On an average trail riding day. I will see 145f to 165f. With my 2" paddle track on a iced over trail I have reached 180f but i just hit some powder and it would drop to 170 in 15-20 seconds. Playing off trail it will be a steady 125f

Attachments

• DSCN2009.JPG
    DSCN2009.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 32
The magneto generates AC of course, but on the 300W rare earth system it is immediately converted to DC and the whole sled including the CDI runs on DC. All Vipers use the 300W system. The sine wave of the power on a Viper is very "clean" compared to older models. Many previous sleds (and other manufacturers) ran the CDI on AC.

Back