Some pictures from this weekend's ride

kimoaj

Hi !

Here are a few shots from this weekend. Still little snow down at sea level but when you get up on the mountain it's OK.

004Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

Before leaving

005Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

Here`s a little video of me having a good time with my Viper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGT1xwPSpj0&feature=channel_page

006Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

013Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

Me and my custom nitted Yamaha hat my girlfriend gave me this weekend

017Skjermopplsning.jpg

1010 meters above sealevel.

015Skjermopplsning.jpg

014Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

I hit a rock, I couldn`t see it!

024Skjermopplsning.jpg

Little snow, bad carving conditions.

021Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

020Skjermopplsning.jpg

019Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

027Skjermopplsning.jpg

Shit!!

The owner of the Viper ER had his brother in law replace the track this summer. The assembly went a little too fast, he probably got dirt in the lower chaincase bearing and it went to "#¤%. I thought it was the driven sprocked bolt that had loosened but I was wrong. There was an awful sound coming from the chaincase when you tried riding it or braking going down hill, so I figured it was best to trailer the sled home, even though it was kind of hard because the trail is very "jumpy" and shit so the trailer tipped over two times! But no damage to the sled! I pulled the chaincase cover and gears when we came home and I found out that the sound came from the axle moving upwards due to the bad bearing, and when the axle mover upwards, the driven sprocket hit the two small reverse gears which sits above the driven sprocket on a pin. So the only part that needs to be replaced is the bearing!.

This weekend a Polaris RMK 800 Vertical Edge burned down, I`m going to fix it. Gosh I`so glad my hood has "Yamaha" on it.
036Skjermopplsning.jpg

037Skjermopplsning.jpg

Been running with a too hot plug and/or lean.

014Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

My girlfriend helping me remove the primary of the Polardog :)

Wellwell that`s all for now :).

Definately a keeper. Great pics and video was hilarious. If I was to ever leave the country I would head to Norway. Seems like alot of fun over there. Seems like they Love the Yamaha's and Mopars also.

chilli said:
a little off topic, but NO HELMETS in Norway?? lol
Yeah the helmet-law reached norway too,maybe 5-6 years ago?i dont remember...If you are caught on the trails without a helmet,you will be fined

Må jo vær drømmen å ha ei dama som kan skru for dæ,hehe:)

Hi guys! Thanks so much for the replies, as I alway say, I really appreciate them.

And yes we always have a good time, I guess, atleast I doo, sledding makes me happy, it`s so nice to get a away from all the "normal" shit.

I am aware of the hemlet issue, and it`s so stupid that we don`t wear them. All of my friends who normally rides in Sweden wear helmets, but on our island nobody does.

I plan to make a little sled video this year, let`s hope there will be some snow!.

:)

crewchief47 said:
Glad to see you getting some sledding in! You can post pics of your girlfriend anytime you want. :D

You sir are a dirty old man.

I respect that.

Great pics.
How about you do some Fjord jumping? Make sure to wear a helmet if you do. ;)

It does look like a lean burn down on that polaris. That can happen to any brand of sled if you don't pay attention. Speaking of which, that 800 had DET, did he get any warning?

What kind of fuel do you guys have there? We have been having a lot of SRX and viper burn downs here in the states as of recent.

You girl is a keeper for sure. But don't expect shell continue to help in the garage once you get married. lol

kimoaj said:
I am aware of the hemlet issue, and it`s so stupid that we don`t wear them. All of my friends who normally rides in Sweden wear helmets, but on our island nobody does.

That's actually funny since we don't HAVE to wear helmets while snowmobiling in Sweden. Most riders do wear helmets though.

Back