lightning pro & heel clickers

i used a 48/36 hauck roller with blue silver polaris secondary spring, wrap at 110%. use grey spring with around 7grams in the tip 3grams in center with 15.6 rollers.

this sounds like alot of weight but the 15.6 rollers give this less force. i found the 14.5 rollers shift out too hard for snow with this set up.

ran this the first year and with stock gearing sled would show 122 on good snow

your sled im sure will run different weight but this will be close

Hey btv, can i get your phone number to give you a call to ask you a couple of questions.

I am running the lp roller with hc's. I am using a straight 43 with the hc grey and silver/blue poo sec spring,15mm rollers. I dont have picks and this weekend ran against 03 & 04 firecats picked and cans, 04 zr800 picked, can, minor clutching, rev ren 800ho, mxzx800, xc600 very quick, and a bunch other sledson on the grass for about 600'. My first few runs i was in front of most sleds. we ran 7 wide once and it was neck and neck. I would beat the f7 sometimes and they would beat me out of the hole, but it would stay that way all the way to the end, no gain no loss. This weekend i am going to put the 46/36 to try again running the same sleds. I didnt have a chance to run it against other sleds last winter before i switched back to the 43. It just didnt seem to pull as hard. I dont do much lake racing, ride back trails as much as possible, quickness and corner to corner, and when i can find powder. I hope btv will chime in on this later

dmaxx, i dont have pipes, i have a mbrp can. This weekend i am bring my 04 viper to also run side by side with my 02 to compare. The 04 just has 1.25 ripsaw track, no picks, completely stock. With the setup i have now i still i need to put a couple more grams of weight in. I havent decided if i am going to put in tip or shoulder. I will try the 46/36 setup first and see how that performs starting off with BTV's setup. I am not a tuner by any means, BTV has told me a couple of times to run the 46/36 and i was always nervous to mess up what seems to be working. I tried the 46/36 and it didnt seem to pull as hard in the begining but i didnt really try to fine tune it. This year i said i am going to try and see if it makes a difference. I will keep you posted. Once i get my 02 setup and feel its running strong, i would like to try turks setup on the 04 and then compare again. I just need to find an easy way to change weight in the field. I bought the clutch tool but heard it was cracking the primary when using the hc springs.

BTV any suggestions

I ran the 46/36 with the grey hc and still using the poo secondary @ 110. I have 7 grams in the tip and 3.3 in shoulder. under reving about 400. need to pull a couple of grams out. i think i will pull it out of the shoulder. Sled would break free hard on the grass. i left about an inch and half trench for 50-60 feet. The firecat i ran against beat me with this setup but he was running picks and hooking up better. I will try and get engagement down lower so not as aggressive on start. enagament is 4800 (3.3 IN heel). Stock o4 viper with ripsaw would hookup awesome and my wife would beat the mxz700 most of the time. He would start reeling her in a little but she would still beat him to the finish. Will update later. BTV do you have any suggestions?

15.6 rollers, 3.3 mid 3.3 tip grey spring load up heel till engages at 4000-4100 this should require 7 washers they can be bought at hardware store. Ran this on asphalt 46-36 dalton 11.38 at 115.41 mph 1.492 60 ft temp was in the 90's.

webbe: What secondary spring did you use? Have you ever ran this on snow? I still have the stock rollers in and have a 46/36 I can use. I also have a Bender blue/white spring. I still have the red spring in the primary. I need to balance mine out for the trails, keeping the backshift. I have not installed the roller yet. Is there much to the machining? Thanks.

dmaxx , i ran this on snow played with the stock red and then green sec on a conventional secondary not a roller secondary clutch sorry I see your looking for lightning pro info.

Thats ok webbe. I couldn't get my sled to run fast with all that weight and a 46/36 last year. I went to a 49/42 with weight only in the tip and heel and it ran much better. I want to try the lightning pro I just picked up and trying to save a little time for set up. Thanks anyways.

dmaxx, what are you running for a track and are you studded? This setup seems to pull really hard if you can get traction.

nodoo: I have the stock track, 144 studs down the middle and traction rods. I dont have the roller on yet. Last year, the 46/36 would bite on low end but did not pull hard through the shift. I could barely beat my well set up sx7. I changed the weight with only the tip and shoulder and a 51/43 and then a 49/42 and either one was way better than the 46/36. This pulled away from the sx where the 46/36 did not. With the roller, it may be more compatible.

I am going to try keeping at least 1-1.5 grams in the shoulder and then tune the tip from there. I do know the straight 43 when last winter would take my buddys mxz700 in all areas. I talked to BTV the other day on the phone for a long time and he is by far more knowlegable on tuning than me and he said he had real good results with this setup. I am going to go back to the stock gearing and fine tune this setup and go from there. Keep me posted on how you are coming. You can compare to your sx to see if you have gains or losses. Between us and anyone else who chimes in we can figure out the best setup.

I am going to stick with the 46/36 for now. I am using 3.3 heel, 3.3 mid and 7 tip now. In my last post i said i was going to pull some wieght from the shoulder but i changed my mind and now going to pull from the tip to see what happens. I will also keep my gearing at 21/38.

Back