Got a GPS!!!

Coles_55

Well not yet, but in a few hours. How many of you guys have them mounted and how did you do it?

Also where is a good place to find WI/ UP maps?

Are they free or no? Doesnt really matter just would like to see if I could get some free ones. But thanks crew!

Cole, If you click on the link, the menu bar of the site has a menu item named 'FREE MAPS'. I thought I probably didn't need to point this out. :o| :o| :o|

I have the Ontario maps and will be using them this next week, so I'll be able to see how good they are. The City Navigator maps with my Garmin had most of the NF roads in the UP already in it so I didn't bother loading it for the Jan. TY ride.

Haha Im slow. Yeah once I clicked on it I saw that it was free. So I got it now and the guy before me used it for fishing. Is there a way for me to erase all the crap that he ,has and start over? And where can I actually find the roads? I believe its called mapsource....

If it came with software it is relatively easy to do. If no manual Garmin's will have instructions on how to do so. What unit is it exactly?

No software, all it came with is the case, computer cable, and the manual. Oh and it came with a WI Fishing and Hunting CD. And I am trying to install the new update that they have and I cannot seem to figure out why the labtop isnt locating the GPS. I have serial to usb converter and it wont locate it. And I have the legend.

I mounted mine in the handlebars, i just fabbed up a U shaped mount and bolted to handlebar mount. My unit is a Lowrance 3500C Plenty large enough to use all buttons with gloves on. Since mine has an external antenne I mounted that on the air intake area under the windscreen. For power I just tapped into a 12 volt lead B+ and B-. If I had a battery it would be better.

you need the garmin mapsource cd to load in to your computer before the computer will recognize it. you can buy it for like $10 form garmin website or see if the guy you bought it from has the cd for it.
here are pics of mine mounted

Attachments

• IMG_0202 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0202 (Small).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0207 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0207 (Small).JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0208 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0208 (Small).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0211 (Small).JPG