sliders worth $260.00 lmao

APEXMAN

hello all u yamadudes just a quick ? for u all i had a guy try to sell me some sliders the other day says they will never wear out what do u all think PS : the price is $ 260.00 canadian and the guy was serious... has anybody heared of these types he said they are used out west .......... :WayCool:

yea they are called Hiperfax, and they are supposed to be super-slippery and last like basically forever, but i dont have any experience with them, just know what they are.

There are a couple different type's out there. Hyperfax have a teflon insert, some mountain riders will use them and remove the idler wheels for less weight. They usually run about $150-160 a set US. Draw back is you cant use a closed window track with hyperfax unless you install wear buttons in the closed windows.

Another type is the "super slippery hyfax". These are sold though HPE and others for about $80 pair. They are black and made from a harder material then regular hyfax. These can be used with closed window tracks. I have used this type of hyfax before with good results. They last a long time, I'm not so sure I would believe their claims of faster top speeds, but I suppose it could be possable. After running a set through the planer for the grass drags, I can tell you they are indeed made from a harder material.

I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it, for your average trail rider. However if your looking for every last bit of performance, ie racing, etc, then I think they are worth the money.
Unless it's $260 then yea, that's to much money IMO.

Last edited:
I've seen the Hyper fax wear as thin as paper and not last any longer. The answer for Hyper fax is just like any other slide, snow and lubrication. How about a set of scrachers?

I tried a pair of hyper fax. They were slippery. My sled would coast like my dirt bike. You could instantly tell the difference when you let off the throttle. The problem is that they ground away in the snirt like any other slider. With the throttle jockeys here in Michigan :o| , you end up having to ride a lot of snirt. So I didn't buy another pair.

I just bought a set this year , 155 us , hperfax from mt. performance , colt tells me that if you do not break them in properly they will wear as fast if not faster than a normal hyfax , but if you do the break in right they will last for a very long time , i just went 136 this year and i wanted everything to turn as easy as possible, i figure with the hperfax and the third wheel kit , wear should be minimal (sp?)....if you ride alot of ice and snirt( i love that word) dont waste your cash ..just keep putting the cheapo's on it ....

Back