2009 Michigan I-500

Does anyone know if the 4 cylinder Yamahas were outlawed for this year's race? From what I see in the rules, it looks like only 3 cylinder 4 strokes are allowed and there are NO Yamahas shown on the qualifying page.

On a bright note, I see a friend of mine qualified second.

www.I-500.com

Must be they got tired of Yamahas winning the last 3 years.....but it was ok for the Polarises to win the previous 15 or so....and I know it's supposed to be a 600 race...oh well I will miss seeing the Yammis do well this year.

I was over for time trials on Tuesday night. The pits looked like a ghost town with only about 20 sleds. Not one Yamaha :dunno: , Cory Davidson was riding Polaris.

On hardcoresledder there was a guy saying there will be a #14 Yamaha there. It does seem wierd to have little Yamaha presence this year...

ALLSEASONRIDER said:
Must be they got tired of Yamahas winning the last 3 years.....but it was ok for the Polarises to win the previous 15 or so....and I know it's supposed to be a 600 race...oh well I will miss seeing the Yammis do well this year.
Gimme a break dude....Polaris won with a 2 stroke 600cc sled....Lets see Yamaha do it...Oh ....never mind..they never have with a 600.....at least the old 440 srx's could get er done. Doug and crew did look real good on the Kammi sled but they ended up with ignition gremlins..I talked with RJ and he filled me in...he sure was bummed. You should have seen that freakin ski doo running, He deserved the win.....and I hate ski doos! and yamahas, and polaris, and arctic cats. If its not a ski daddler forget it!

#59snafu said:
Gimme a break dude....Polaris won with a 2 stroke 600cc sled....Lets see Yamaha do it...Oh ....never mind..they never have with a 600.....at least the old 440 srx's could get er done. Doug and crew did look real good on the Kammi sled but they ended up with ignition gremlins..I talked with RJ and he filled me in...he sure was bummed. You should have seen that freakin ski doo running, He deserved the win.....and I hate ski doos! and yamahas, and polaris, and arctic cats. If its not a ski daddler forget it!

Yea, I know It almost doesn't seem fair 1000 vs 600's but next year I'm sure there will be more than one Yammi in the race and I wouldn't be surprised if they came back to dominate for a couple years with the 3 cylinders...then they will move the 4 stroke rules again.

I'm not sure why Yamaha hasn't tried running the SRX 600 in this race..maybe the rules are for twins only in the 2 strokes?

Im not sure neither....I gotta think that if yami wanted, they could build a two stroker that would be competitive??

Back