How Many Miles On Your Tripple???

03viperguy said:
I have like 8600 or so on the 03 viper, never had the head off, and still no reason to :) never left me on the trail, and never even had to limp home for any reason. why are you guys rebuilding them if they still run good? and sheomet, what happened with yours at 4200??
Not really sure, couldn't figure it out. It was the middle cylinder and guess what, it friggin blew up again today just before it turned 8400 miles. #$%&* Something is screwed up with the oil system as I only used a couple ounces of oil in 10 gallons of gas and boom it went. I'll have to wait until spring break to tear it apart. :o| I was riding alone and luckily I was only a few miles from the truck, a good samaritan on a Polaris gave me a tow. How embarrassing.

Last edited:

I just put on another 660 miles this past weekend, now up to 9200 miles and running strong, I have just recently rebuilt the skid and shocks and does she ever run nice and smooth, I was thinking about selling the 700 SXR but I think I will keep it for another season. I will do the topend this summer for piece of mind.

Back