How Many Miles On Your Tripple???

8,300 miles on my 03 Viper, burned down a cylinder at 4,200 miles. Should reach 10K miles this year riding in Maine.

15000 miles on my 2000 700 SXr. Motors never been touched. I bought rings and pistons but haven't put them in yet. bought it with 5400 miles and have run the ol red head on nothin but Wal-mart cheapo oil.

1998 XT 700 stretched to 136, 8900 miles and wifes 1998 XTC 700 3500 miles. Nothing more than basic maintenance on clutches and bearings and grease after every ride. Replaced jackshaft bearings last summer on XT, still have origional belts as spare, change plugs once a year if needed, fun dependable sleds. I will be checking rings and pistons on the XT this summer and I need to raise the seat and bars 3". Still love the sound of a triple at 8500rpm!

25,000 Klm's 0r 15,000 miles approx. with no motor work.Only 1 breakdown at the end of last year.Snapped a jack shaft.

7,200 miles on my '01 SRX. Tore it down at 4,500 to re-ring it on advice from TY and found the cylinders and pistons to look like new...with nothing but Yamalube.
Only real trouble was a broken jack shaft. I think it was from towing all those Arctic Cats back in! ;)!

There is 8600 miles on my Dad's '02 Viper. Cleaned the power valves for the first time last year.

I think the motor might need a little bit of freshening soon though. It is real rich on the PTO cylinder.

12,900 with no motor issues on my 02 Viper Er! Had 12,000 miles on my SRX and never touched it either! That's why I ride Yamaha!

10000km on 02 viper just did rings this summer, no issues.
Friends 700 red head turned 25k km this year. pto and mag burned down over the years (pipes, lean burn) but stock center cylinder just went kaput at 25k, piston broke between ring lands.

14000 miles 02 viper longtrack pistons and rings at 11000 and crank seals at 8500. one stator 3 tracks and lots of bearings.

I have like 8600 or so on the 03 viper, never had the head off, and still no reason to :) never left me on the trail, and never even had to limp home for any reason. why are you guys rebuilding them if they still run good? and sheomet, what happened with yours at 4200??

Just Turned 8000 Miles Last Trip. Replaced Stator Over The Summer. Was Left Stranded 90 Miles From Hotel On Final Trip Last Year. 2003 Viper.

5850 miles on the Viper.(2002) New rings last fall. No issues other than a stuck powervalve over the summer. Buddy has a '98 SRX 600 with over 12,000 miles. He just did a total rebuild over the summer. Crank, bearings the whole nine yards. Not that it HAD to but he wanted it fresh again.

21,500 kms now on my 2001 SRX, expecting just over 23,000 kms by the end of the season. Original pistons and rings. Long distance trail is my thing. Aside from bearings and bushings replaced every few years, I've had some pull throughs, changed the water pump seal, the chain (preventative, was probably still good). W arm crack was welded. I changed the sliding sheave on the secondary after a bearing blew and chewed it. I brought my shocks to get serviced at 13,000 kms and the guy told me they didn't need it.

I used Yamalube for the first few years, then Legend ZX2R (which seemed to gum up my valves) and now I use Blue Marble.

Back