81 Enticer 340 Oil pump/cable adjustment or pre-mix?

Weez1

Hi, I'd like to make sure the oil injection system is properly adjusted. Can anyone give me details how to do that? Also, in the event I decide to run pre-mix instead, what is the best way to shut down the injection system? Thanks

Off the top of my head the marks are aligned at WOT. I can check for sure sometime today.

Adjustment is made at carb where oil pump cable is connected to thottle plate. pull the oil pump cable outer casing up and measure distance from end of casing to the top of piece that it pulls out of thats mounted at carb bracket. This measurement is usually about 7/8". The part that mounts to the carb bracket is threaded for the adjustment. Hope you understand this explanation. I've never unhooked the oil injection so can't help you on that one.

to help SRX freek.....

i think it's somthing like this.measure #1.

scan0001-7.jpg

thanks SPX & daman for the adjustment specs but i've decided to disconnect the oil injection system and go with pre-mix instead.

I removed the primary clutch to gain access to the oil pump housing and removed it with tha actual pump. I picked up some 1/8" rubber vaccumm plugs at the auto parts and used them to plug the injection fittings on the intake.

Here's what I did to disconnect the oil injection system:

Removed primary clutch to gain access to oil pump and housing.
Disconnected oil cable from carb
Removed oil pump & housing assembly - 4 bolts behind clutch
Removed oil tank and oil lines
Installed 1/8" rubber vacuum plugs/caps on fittings at intake
Drain gas & fill'er up with 32:1 mix

Back