Viper intake filters

Onlyonayammi

Can someone point me in the right direction to order some of the intake prefilters for my Viper? Sick and tired of cleaning out the filter every 10 miles...

This is true,but what has happened to me is,it freezes up So what would make the prefilter not freeze.

I don't really know myself. You would think the prefilters would clog as bad or if not worse than the primary. What about complete block offs? Is there an alternate air intake location?

Really an issue with me as my riding buddy and me ride fairly close, with him leading. I can damn near see all the snow goin' in there...

Block off the air induction ports, the under hood air and any air around the headlight. Mountain Preformance sells cold air filters that install behind the windshield and have prefilters to keep the snow out. This does make a big difference in deep snow, no more bog from the hot air.

Just rember to run your hole saw in reverse when you are installing them.

Have them

I have the prefilters that are made by Yamaha for the forced air induction. I have found that they work great. They are actually look like a very fine weave bug screen(Wonder if that would work and save you some cash). They keep out the snow that you have to keep digging out when you pay in the powder but probily don't keep out the really fine stuff. Before installing them i would get an ice buildup on the top of my airbox and now it does not happen. hope this helps.

Kirkswim

Bought a Viper and never looked back :yam:

Back