Some pictures /videoes from this weekend

kimoaj

Hi guys!

Once again we are blessed with lot`s of the white stuff, it snowed alot last week and we are soo happy.

As some of you know, my friend`s MXZ 800 had a crank go bad a few weeks ago. We started putting it together Friday 22.00 and wrenched til 07.00 in the morning, then I drove home and went to bed at 08.00. 2,5 hours later I went home to go riding and it was a blast.
Here are some picture from Saturday:

051Skjermopplsning.jpg
Can you see the Viper?

052Skjermopplsning.jpg
Yes there she is!

054Skjermopplsning.jpg
My girlfriend
This was shot on the top of a looooong hill. My friend with the Vector MTN blew is belt in the middle of the hill, when I didn`t have his "trace" to ride in I had to keep her pinned all the way up, I figure it was pinned for about a minute or so. Yamaha, say no more.

057Skjermopplsning.jpg

058Skjermopplsning.jpg

059Skjermopplsning.jpg

The Poo is back in action.

060Skjermopplsning.jpg

On our way home.

Here are some pictures from Sunday:
001Skjermopplsning.jpg

Ain`t nothing like an old V-Max 4 with alot of premix... .

003Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

006Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

It might be hard to see but if you look closely you can see that the ski`s of the Vecotr is pointing upwards, he`s stuck! . (The Doo is also stuck)

007Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

My sled jumped to this location by itself, I hit a "dent" and I fell off lol.

009Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

010Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

My friend with the V-Max for had a bad/loose vaccum hose to one of the fuel pumps and occasionally lost two of the cylinders so he had some minor trouble. (fixed the hose when I figured out that it was the one causing the problem).

013Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

018Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

Sorry for the OT pics but I think it was nice.

019Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

I dived up into this and it was great to let the snow flow over the hood and me lol

020Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

At the highest mountain on our island, 1010meters.

021Skjermopplsning-2.jpg

023Skjermopplsning.jpg

024Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

025Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

Close to the egde of a several 100meters drop

026Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

I`ve visited this fjord with my boat in the summertime.

027Skjermopplsning-1.jpg

028Skjermopplsning.jpg

My friend with the Vector was tired.. .

030Skjermopplsning.jpg

I run out of gas and my friend with the Vector had to tow me home. One time there was alot of slack in the rope and this happened =(. Really sucked. Is it replaceable?. I havent had a time to look at it yet.. .

Here is a little video clip of me and my friend with the doo, trying to boondock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMaGbImGAfU&feature=channel

A clip of my friend with the doo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4F-EfMrgpM&feature=channel

Wellwell that`s all for now:)

White fluff as far as the eye can see. Weehoo!

Can't help you with the bumper but I can tell you how to avoid it. I know you know the better methods of towing, ski spindle, bumper on top of bumper, etc. but sometime you just don't feel like it. Which is probably your case?

Instead of using a tow strap or rope I recommend you get a recovery strap.
"A recovery strap is a strap made of elastic nylon with loops on both ends. Unlike a simple rope or chain, a recovery strap uses kinetic energy (like a rubber band) to help free a stuck vehicle using another vehicle."

In the off road 4x4 sport that's all they use now. I got a 2inch wide one for my SantaFe and my cousin Blazer and let em tell you it is sweet. You can actually get a running start with 5' of slack to get a good pull. Lots of time it was the only way we got out. No jerking motion and safe.

I got a small 1" wide by 30' for the sled. Easier on both machines when towing.

Awesome pics, the old vmax must be a chore to get out when it is stuck!!!lol. I notices the lack of helmets....do you guys wear them?

blkmax600 said:
Awesome pics, the old vmax must be a chore to get out when it is stuck!!!lol. I notices the lack of helmets....do you guys wear them?

I was thinking the same thing, must have hard heads????

wow, that is the shit!!!! i can only imagine what it would be like to get snow like that. wisconsin never gets that much snow down here in the southern area

I used to tow(arctic cat mostly) with slack in the line also. Then an old timer showed me a better way. You tie 1 ski of the sled your towing as tight and close to the bumper of the tow sled as possible. This elimanates darting and the towed sled cant hit the tow sled when u stop.

Back