Ontario 2009 Roll call

Ian and Dave (ViperDave that is) are well known for creating new snowmobiling words.

We have the Lawn Dart, the Reverse Lawn Dart, the Side Flip Dismount, the Ghost Slider, and many more. What do we call this new one? Tank Slapper?

I should be writing these all down for a book.

Living in the Windsor area pretty much mandates that you get used to trailering in order to enjoy sledding, so we're very used to driving 6 ours or more to get to the sweet spots. If you're going to drive 6, whats another 2 to get to Sturgeon. Muni is 7 hours, that's why we hit those rides as well. Sturgeon was around 8 hours door to door with say two fuel stops and food on the go.

Tank Slapper: The wild oscillation of the front end of a snowmobile as one ski breaks through the crust, regains floatation and throws the weight of rider and sled back to the other side of sled for that ski to break through the crust. Rapidly repeat the above process a half dozen times until the sled essentially rolls over on it's side, ejecting the operator(loosely applied term by this point) somewhere along the way.

Hope that clears that up a little. ;)!

Kinda like this but on a sled: Tank Slapper

Last edited:
OK MISTER!! I BELIEVE you've performed a FEW of those manuevers yourself!! Jus' cuz my Canuckian Brother and I can turn a PRHASE as well as a SLED, doesn't give you the right to cast aspersions on my reputation!! BE IN MUNI NEXT WEEK TO ANSWER FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!! :bash:

I sir, am in full control of my vehicle at all times. . . . er at least when you are not looking, or I am where you cannot see me . . . as far as you know, that is.

Besides, gotta catch me first, you know :rofl:

I just thumbed my nose in your general direction!!!

Unlike you, I am very poor fodder for new snowmobiling words, with the exception of super low ridin' that is.

Note to self: I sure hope he forgets all this before next week . . .

LET THE BEAT DOWN BEGIN!! I SEEM to remember an incident of LOW RIDING,i.e, reducing the ride height of your vehicle to produce superior handling. BUT, the VEHICLE in question wasn't tested to prove that low ride height would actually improve said vehicles ability to negotiate corners.

javascript:fp_ShowImg(document['fpphoto_863'],'640','480','233',17);

Back