Phazer 2 90-91 Seconday springs? Discountinued- Substitution??

fourtraxjay

Hello,
SInce my phazer 2 has 10,000 km's on it and doesn't have the top end speed it used to, I am rebuilding the original clutches.
The manaul says to replace the secondary spring every 2 years or 2000 miles, Well since mine's original I figured it has lost much of its tension.

Problem is Yamaha has discountinued this part #90508-50793-00 and I can't find one anywhere.. (go figure).
Anyone know of a suitable replacement?

It is a 90 phazer 2 with 499cc wisecos, Boyseen reeds, Aaen pipe, Vmax 600 flatslides.

Any clutching recommendations for this machine? Ie. which 'high altitude spring' to freshen the primary? Its been so many years since I installed the high altitude spring in there when I did the pipe, that I can't recall which one it is or which one works best with my set up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jay

You can Improve performance a lot by up dating the clutchs to 95 or newer ones. The only thing you need to change is the jackshaft.

Thanks srxfromhell, I saw that last week and called them and they either couldn't find it, or didn't actually have it in stock. They told me the website inventory is a little behind.

As for changing the clutches and the jackshaft. I agree, but don't want to spend that kind of money on this old thing. I dug it out of storage to be a cheap beater/ ditch banger.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Back