here is the sleds all together.

Attachments

• project together (2).jpg
    project together (2).jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 32
  • all the sleds (2).jpg
    all the sleds (2).jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 42

Where did you get those treads. It is hard for me to do rough riding size 13 boots are really wide.

MBllnr said:
Where did you get those treads. It is hard for me to do rough riding size 13 boots are really wide.
I bought them from ebay . hard to find and no longer make them best thing you can do for better grip on a yamaha.

update today I ordered a new 136 hack saw plus rail extensions . also going to stud it with 162 mega bites. I also have mountain perf trailing arms for it . and I have a set of anodized blue aluminum radius rods. new apex blue snow flap with a viper mountain tunnel extension. been collecting parts all summer and will soon finish this sled. I will post pics when done.

jimmy dodge said:
That's an awesome restoration!
I'm not a big fan of the seat but each to his own :)
good work
the seat looks big but is like a lazy boy recliner. no other seat is this comfortable.

amatosrx said:
the seat looks big but is like a lazy boy recliner. no other seat is this comfortable.

What seat is that? or is it custom made? if it is custom you will have to let me know who did it for you. I need to get mine done.

kgwmu said:
What seat is that? or is it custom made? if it is custom you will have to let me know who did it for you. I need to get mine done.
it is custom made by a friend it takes him 2 month to do but is worth the wait. very nice quality work.

amatosrx said:
it is custom made by a friend it takes him 2 month to do but is worth the wait. very nice quality work.

I assume he needs a seat to start with, so I need to find another seat. if you don't mind me asking how much would he charge to do another one in all black?

thanks for the compliment twyztid

kgwmu said:
I assume he needs a seat to start with, so I need to find another seat. if you don't mind me asking how much would he charge to do another one in all black?

thanks for the compliment twyztid
it's 450 to 500 but well worth it.

devinzz1 said:
wouldnt you just buy a boss seat for that price?

I don't own either type of seat but have sat on both an ridden amatosrx's sled with the custom seat. The Boss seat may look nice and have extra storage but that is ALL it has over this seat. The Boss seat felt like I was sitting on a wood crate. This custom seat feels like you are sitting on a couch. Firm enough but also soft enough to be comfortable for long rides.

Man,,,, I thought I was over the top putting a grand into an 02 I bought for $2900. But I will have an awsome complete stock 02 SRX for the trails. Yours is just too cool. I used to do that with motorcycles back in the 70's before it was cool to ride.

well i am working on finishing up this sled all new lightweight front end new skis and longtrack hacksaw with studs. here is the custom trailing arms i made. alot of time in these things but they look good and r stronger than stock and also lighter.

Attachments

• project ext (2).jpg
    project ext (2).jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 7
  • project arms top (2).jpg
    project arms top (2).jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 9
  • project arms side view (2).jpg
    project arms side view (2).jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 8
  • project arms on (2).jpg
    project arms on (2).jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 7
  • project arms heims (2).jpg
    project arms heims (2).jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 4
  • project arms front (2).jpg
    project arms front (2).jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 7
  • project arms close (2).jpg
    project arms close (2).jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 12
  • project arms (2).jpg
    project arms (2).jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 16
  • project ext rear (2).jpg
    project ext rear (2).jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 7
You going to go right in the business of making trailing arms now? Just wondering, they look great and I am actually looking to get something different for my sled and I am sure a lot of people on here would want them. Nice job by the way.

Back