Et 340

Diversion

Hi, going to look at an -80 ET 340. I don't know if it will fit on my pickup because it's very short and the wheelhouses are stealing some space too.
Does anyone know what total width of an ET 340 is (not ski stance) and the distance from the tip of the ski to where the track first meets the ground?

it will fit. my dad hauled a 1985 et340t (trapper 136" track) in the back of a dodge d50 back in the day (mitsubishi i think). had to leave the gate down and tie it ahead but it did fit.

what kind of pick-up?

Maim said:
it will fit. my dad hauled a 1985 et340t (trapper 136" track) in the back of a dodge d50 back in the day (mitsubishi i think). had to leave the gate down and tie it ahead but it did fit.

what kind of pick-up?

It's an Opel Campo 3.1 Tdi - 88 with the short bed, it's really an Isuzu. When Opel bought Isuzu they just rebadged them. I'm euro so I don't know if they were imported to the states though. If you use the gate the total length will be just short of two metres. Around 1.9 I think.

yup it should fit, man, if its the short track enticer, i'd put in in the trunk of a mini-van!!! Just strap it down good IMO and it should be perfect.

yes it will fit with gate down. i put the same sled in the back of my gmc with 8' box with gate up. fits great.

Got it home yesterday a 280x2 mile trip, it was no problem. Thanks everyone for the replies.

On another note it seems like there is a lot of smoke when I open the throttle and less so when idling. I also noticed some oil just in front of the engine. At first I thought it was the gaskets for the exhaust leaking as it did on my other sled but it wasn't. It seems to be coming from under the engine but since it is a two stroke i found it confusing.

The oil looks fresh (green) so it's like it has never passed through the engine. I checked the hose from the oil tank to the pump but I found no indication of leakage at least not big enough to account for the amount. A rough estimate would be two spoonfulls floating in the intendentaions in the chassis in front of the engine. Any theories?

Last edited:
maby when it was filled some spilled and the guy couldnt wipe it all up and some made its way to the front of the engine...although this is just a guess...

big-kid said:
maby when it was filled some spilled and the guy couldnt wipe it all up and some made its way to the front of the engine...although this is just a guess...

It's possible. There seems to be nothing wrong with the engine as far as I can tell. It starts easily and responds to throttle as it should.

check on the pto side of the motor. these motors/years had a manual/cable drive tac and the drive on the motor is in behind the clutch below the y for the carb. we have the same sled and the tac drive on ours dribbles a little oil down into the bellypan when it is running.

Back