Comet 108 clutch

bluebullet

All, Came across a great deal on a Comet 108 EXP new and still in the box. According to many after market books Ive seen it will work on ethier my VMAX 500 or my SRX 700 both 1999's. I wanted to know if the recommended weights, rollers etc list in Dennis kirk for example, would be a good set up. I currently run a Maxxium Performance clutch set up on my SRX and like the perfomance with that set up over the stock set up. I would really like to improve on the 500 performance ! Thought's ?????? I ride mostly trails and some lakes. I do a quite a bit of drag racing with the SRX of course! 500 is pretty much trail, Thanks

Last edited:

It should react quite well, it is very similar to the P85, and those perform very well, with a high efficiency past the initial engagement and lower ratios. I couldn't tell you how the recommended set ups will perform, but i am sure they will get you close, and then you can fine tune from there. Both polaris and comet weights and springs will work in there, and polaris weights have a nice profile all the way through.

comet

Thanks Yamaholic22, I gues I will buy a set up and put it on and try it, I will have a ready spare anyway! Over 8000 km on the srx so you never know!

Back