trimming windshield???

onlyblue

VIP Member
ok guys, have seen it on here, how do u trim the windshield? i put a cobra on my viper, but am wanting to experiment with my stock windshield... lower it and paint it solid... how do i trim? what kind of paint to paint it with? do i reuse the little black trim?

thanks....

Been der dun it. Remove the trim & use an exacto knife to cut it down. replace the trim & it looks stock!

Dremel tool with a drill bit looking bit that cuts plastic is the way to go! Ive done my windy and yamahaman has done his with the dremel worked perfect! You can use the black trim again Id recomend painting that too! I used silver metallic paint from color rite, but maybe try that new krylon fusion stuff? And maybe some clear coat itll look good!

krylon fuson works great. used it on my buddys windsheild. even made a skippy poo look ok

I just painted mine with RC paint which I bought at my local hobby store. Paint is supposed to be flexible so I figured it would work great. Just apply two light coats and it should look awesome. I went with sprint white and it matched the white decals on the sled quite well.

lisson to TG we did it to ours here is how low we went

Attachments

• srx low windy.jpg
    srx low windy.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Ok I just went out and got a pic for those of you who want to know. These little bits are quite expensive i think it was almost 10 bucks for the 5 bits. These are roto zip Plastic siding bits.

Attachments

• 100-0033_IMG.JPG
    100-0033_IMG.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I've chopped all my windshields and tried a lot of different methods. The easiest way is to take masking tape and run the tape across the shield to use for you line. That way you can always pull it back and change your arcs on your line over and over till you get it how you want it. Then use tin snips. I bought some from a hardware store for 9.99 (They were nicer ones)and they work awsome. You can run them right along the masking tape and it cuts a perfect edge just like sissors. Then when your done if you need to you can still take some sandpaper and clean up or reshape any edges if needed. I clean the inside of the winshield really good with soap and water, dry, and paint. I've always used whatever paint I could find and never had any problems. I'm sure the best paint is the paint everyone was talking about that is slightly flexible. I posted a thread about cobra windy's on my viper a couple days ago, if you go to it you'll see my end results.

I Have Saw Some Yamys With The Gauge Pod Painted White Looks Good,when I Painted My Windsheild I Scoffed The Inside With A Scotch Pad And Panited It White, Then Painted It Black, So It Would Be Black From The Rear

Back