1980 SRX 440 Cylinder Porting

silverrocket

I have a 1980 SRX 440 with Aaen Trail Pipes, 36mm Mukini/Power Jet, Cold Fusion NOS :nos: 18cc heads. Can anyone help me with some Porting specs for the cylinders. What kind of fuel should i use with this setup. I also have a set of SSR cylinders ;)! that I will install later on and would like to know the peak RPM for the SSR engine.

Thanks for you help

Is this for drags, speed runs, or trail riding? For use with N20, port the 80 SRX cylinders the same as the SSR cylinders. If it is for trail riding don't go quite as wide on the intake as the SSR. It should run 10,000 RPM with stock SSR porting and those pipes. Then sell the SSR cylinders to me. Seriously.

I should mention that those pipes may be trail pipes for a 78-80 meant to run 9,000 RPMs. You would have to know that.

silverrocket said:
I have a 1980 SRX 440 with Aaen Trail Pipes, 36mm Mukini/Power Jet, Cold Fusion NOS :nos: 18cc heads. Can anyone help me with some Porting specs for the cylinders. What kind of fuel should i use with this setup. I also have a set of SSR cylinders ;)! that I will install later on and would like to know the peak RPM for the SSR engine.

Thanks for you help

This will be used for drags only. I don't think I can port this the same as the SSR because it doesn't have a bridge on the intake side. What percentage of the piston diameter is safe. I don't want to have ring pins coming loose and damaging the cylinder. How much squish for the head with 110 race fuel. I purchased the cylinders brand new and they are not for sale. They are hard to find. The instructions I have for Aaen the pipes will make max H.P. between 9,000 and 9,500 rpm.

Thanks for your help

Would it be posible to get the porting dimetions for the ssr?? I am going to be bulding and SRX motor this summer.

You will make as much or more HP without the bridge. I don't know the best on the squish because you want to use N20. That also will dictate the intake port. You can go big without the bridge and get away with it on a drag sled, maybe at least 70%. Prob .065 on squish without N20. I don't know about the pipes with N20 either. They might be fine. Without N20 I would cut them or replace them with ones to run 10K. Did I help? LOL

dynofun said:
You will make as much or more HP without the bridge. I don't know the best on the squish because you want to use N20. That also will dictate the intake port. You can go big without the bridge and get away with it on a drag sled, maybe at least 70%. Prob .065 on squish without N20. I don't know about the pipes with N20 either. They might be fine. Without N20 I would cut them or replace them with ones to run 10K. Did I help? LOL
I found a 1976 cylinder that was ported and did the same for my 1980 cylinders. I measered the exhaust port and it was at 70% of the piston diameter. This is how I am going to run it for now until I built my other engine with SSR cylinder ;)! . Here is a couple picture of my baby :nos: .

Thanks

Silverrocket

Attachments

• Resize SRX 440 0031.jpg
    Resize SRX 440 0031.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Resize SRX 440 038.jpg
    Resize SRX 440 038.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Resize SRX 440 0029.jpg
    Resize SRX 440 0029.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 14