mountain max skid under viper???

Truckkid42

im possiably getting a 2002 sxviper. i wana extend the track because i do a lot of boondocking. if i got a mountain max skid and track which is a 141, would i be able to bolt it right up underneith my sxviper????

Nope it's not a direct bolt in. So if your going to have to drill holes find a Polaris, Cat, or Doo mountain skid and fit that in. They all weigh less and work better in a boondocker/mountain application than the pro-action skid.

rb is correct. not a direct bolt in. but, if the mm skid was cheap or free, it still works good under the stock tunnel, and alot less henshitting making it work, vs the tuning of an unfamiliar off brand skid. however, if your skid shopping and dropping coin for the skid, go with something other than the proaction.

i put a 136 mm in my srx and some of the bolt holes like the front one are the same, but the back is different, ill send you pics and measurements if you need em

Cheapest is to find a set of extensions and bolt them on. That's also going to be the easyest. Most functional is to find a different skid and make it fit.

so, just to make sure im not stupid, all i need to extend to a 136 or 144 is a tunnel extension and rail extensions and a track to fit right??? do i need to do anything else at all???

Longer hoses and that should be it. It's not a bad way to go. I rode my srx with a 144" and the extended 121 skid for a couple years. Now I'm running the same track with a Polaris skid with a Holz coilover kit. Night and day difference in the way it eats snow now.

i would not extend past a 136 on a 121 skid. it is possible to set back your skid and use extensions to go 141 but the skid will not handle very well. i had this exact setup from hartman for 2 years and have gone to a mm 141 skid under my o2 viper and it works really well. the mounting holes are not even close to the factory 121 but its not that hard to relocate them. some aluminum plates and drop brackets is all you need. the 141 works realy well, but as others have mentioned there are better skids out there for pretty reasonable.

I have a 144 mtn viper skid/tunnel extension I'd sell if you were interested. Also have a 136 solid rail suspension that was originally out of a venture and installed in a viper that I would sell also

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Back