Ditch banger project

backcountry_vmax

Well winter is over and now im going to start modding my 1998 vmac xtc.My plans are to put drop brackets on and raise the front. Any ideas? Then put different bars on. I already got a pivot adapter (1.25") and a riser(4").What bars should I put on?...i dont want to extend the cables either. I wanna polish the tunnel. Maybe paint the hood. Put on a lightweight can, reeds and reed spacers, C&A skis and revalve the shocks or buy viper or better shocks. I will post pics of the before pic after the weekend. Any ideas of other mods i should do would be appreciated. Im also looking for used parts so if you have any used parts that my sled would benefit i would be glad to buy them from you. Thank you! Im really anxious to start this week when i get home.

I went with 06 apex bars and a powermadd pivot adapter with a 6 inch riser. Stock cables won't work though.

here's a pic:
IMG_0928.jpg

The 06' bars come with those removable hooks but the 07'+ models come with hooked bars that are all one piece. With those ones its difficult to impossible to get the throttle to slide on.

well i just started my project now. i know its a little late but i didnt have the funds at the the time and no motivation since it was summer. and besides, i dont think were getting snow here in ontario for a while yet. anyways. i got my new bars put on. black protaper se's. i got reed spacers but im waiting to put those in cuz it looks like a big job. i took the skid out last nite. im changing the sliders. reinforcing and painting the W-arm and making adjustable transfer rods and changing some bushings etc. next i will be ordering a sno stuff can. mostly for the weight savings, not sound. and once i get the skid put back together i will be fabing up some drop brackets and raising the front higher to balance it out and have more clearence. Unfortunately i didnt happen to get any before pictures like i promise but i will post during and after pictures.Any ideas or opinions is much needed. and any info on anything is very much appreciated. Thanks

well i just started my project now. i know its a little late but i didnt have the funds at the the time and no motivation since it was summer. and besides, i dont think were getting snow here in ontario for a while yet. anyways. i got my new bars put on. black protaper se's. i got reed spacers but im waiting to put those in cuz it looks like a big job. i took the skid out last nite. im changing the sliders. reinforcing and painting the W-arm and making adjustable transfer rods and changing some bushings etc. next i will be ordering a sno stuff can. mostly for the weight savings, not sound. and once i get the skid put back together i will be fabing up some drop brackets and raising the front higher to balance it out and have more clearence. Unfortunately i didnt happen to get any before pictures like i promise but i will post during and after pictures.My ulitimate goal is to make it as light as possible any ideas? Any ideas or opinions is much needed. and any info on anything is very much appreciated. Thanks

I was even considering a clutch kit. What's the best clutch for someone on a budget. If anyone has done the drop bracket mod. could you please show me through the steps. i have a pretty good idea but i just want to be 100% sure.

In your sig, it says you have ATS Pro Flex 2 skis, how do ya like them? I was thinking about buying a set, as I don't have enough funds for C&A's, because they'll cost me about 600 dollars by the time its all said and done.

the ats skis were about 100 times better than the stock steel but they still dart a bit. they also have good flotation in powder.

i got the w-arm all gusseted and waiting to paint it up so i could reinstall the skid. and start fabing up sum drop brackets. still looking for info!! also im having a little trouble posting pics but im working on it

http://s1044.photobucket.com/albums/b446/sledder691/?action=view&current=SDC10176.jpg

http://s1044.photobucket.com/home/sledder691/index

well here she is. a little tore apart. i got the skid out and looking for a replacement. replacing right trailing arm(little bent). still need spark plug wires, throttle cable, stickers made and possibly tripple pipes? i still got alot of work ahead of me before the season starts. looking for a 1.25 or 1.5" track. still open to ideas on performance mods, stickers and suspension. thanks. still dont know how to post pictures

hope your making good progress.... sounds like you have some Ideas!!!

just thought I would add my 2 pennies.....

you cant run a 1.5" track unless you run 8 tooth drivers. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

when trying to post pics from photobucket just highlight the box to the right of the "img code" its right under where you copied the link to the pic. or when your looking at all the pics in your album, just move your mouse to the pic you want to post and wait for the box to show up with the "img code" option... right click, copy, then paste in your thread!!!

Yes you can run a 1.5 in track on a proaction sled just do not run studs and pull your heat exchange protectors out. I did this on my SRX with no probles for 3 years

Back