Single keel Pilot skis on an SRX

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I bought a set of pilots last summer on Ebay and never did get them mounted on my SRX,can you say procrastinate,but will be buying the rest of what I'll need to do it this summer,that being blue loops and mount bolts.When I bought the skis I just took it for granted that all pilot skis were the same but when I got them I saw that they were the single keel type and not the ones with the outside keel.My question is what kind of handling characteristics will the single keel type give me?I'm removing a worn set of 2000 SRX skis to replace them with the pilots and from all the posts I've seen on this swap I believe the doo skis being installed are the twin keel ones.
I realize that the twin keel will be more aggressive but how much more so than a single keel type?

Yeah I have a bud that rides an MXZ and he's always making cracks about building a Doo from the ground up with the skid and now skis.I'm not even completely sure if I'll even put them on the sled as some of the Apex/RX 1 skis are reported to work very well on these chassis.

They should work great with the single runners and track even better with dual runners.I am reasonably certain that you can drill the new style to accept the outer runner.

How do I tell if I have the 5.7's or not?It's been so long since I bought them that I can't remember.I'll have to check the blades if they have the part # stamped into them to check.

5.7 just means the width of the ski - 5.7". They also make a powder version that are 6.7" wide.
As far as I know the 5.7's are the same ski from 06 to 09 but starting in 08 they released them without the outer carbide drilled and installed but the mold is the same. There was a slight change from 06 to 07 to beef up the plastic because they were wearing the keel prematurely.

Back