My 98 SRX build

ok your my hero im trying to do the almost same thing sept keep it a 121. i was wondering how it rides without a sway bar and how long are your front shocks eye to eye?

front shocks off hand i don't know the eye to eye but they are fox floats off a phazer. the front is not to bad if you don't mind leaning. i can get eye to eye for you on the shocks i have an extra pair that will be going on my phazer.

If you are doing a 121 it will look a little like this

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Yes floats off of a new phazer are a direct bolt on. The GYTR shocks will work but you have to cut the belly pan for rezzys to clear.

if i got sno tek trailing arms and the radius rods would that all i would need to do? and is that the only other company who makes trailing arms for yamaha?

Talk to bruce at cb perf the rods i have are his. He makes a whole front end if you do go this route go with the sxr rods and arms they are wider. Also there are a bunch of other trailing arms out there.

see i live in PA no one cares about srx anymore. they all got there new four strokes. so its so hard finding companies that sell this stuff near me. today i went out to my garage and starting taking apart the front suspension i got the phazer shocks off my phazer and tryed putting them on they fit good sept i cant steer? but right now im using srx everything is that why? or did you have to mod the steering a little to get to that angle.

If u run the phazer shocks on the stock srx rods they got the bulk head. Putting sxr rods and traling arms on will allow the stuff to just clear.

hey i was wondering what it cost you for your control arms i been looking around trying to find some and there all so exspensive i was wondering if i was just looking in the wrong place. and could i use SRX trailing arms? if i changed everything else over to longer SXR control arms and tie rods?

cristekgwild said:
hey i was wondering what it cost you for your control arms i been looking around trying to find some and there all so exspensive i was wondering if i was just looking in the wrong place. and could i use SRX trailing arms? if i changed everything else over to longer SXR control arms and tie rods?
I'm sure you can use your srx trailing arms. I put on a set of shocks that were 17" long eye to eye.I used my srx trailing arms and viper radius(control) rods which are longer. I had to use the swivel ends that bolt the radius rods to the bulkhead from my srx rods and I had to cut the ends of the top viper rods narrower with an angle grinder so they would bolt onto my srx trailing arms. It works just fine. I don't know how the sxr rods will fit onto the srx trailing arms...they might even bolt right in, but I can't see them bieng any harder to put on. Did you try looking in the classifieds here on this site? there are guys parting out sleds who might have the radius rods you are looking for.

no i am very new to this site and i have some HUGE plans i was thinking about going to price performace to build me a 1000cc tripple inless you know any other companys that do good work with machinest im trying to make a snowcross sled out of somthing that was made to go in a straight line and i want to be the fastest and the best supension work.

ok here is a list of everything i can remember that i have done to my SRX.

i hope this helps any one interested

MOTOR/ DRIVE

heal clicker
...8 tooth extroverts
Re gearing
Ceramic coated pipes
Hauck growler
600 SRX CDI
Cold air intake

SUSPENSION

121 M10
144 EXT- with tip up