custom ditch banger

we were putting the RX1 rear susp today and we realized that the cross shaft is not as wide as the tunnel..... good thing we had extras laying around....

Nicko said:
PICS PICS PICS.....Cmon, we want to see that new looking sled.... ;)!

i promise ill post pics when i get my seat back from upholstery shop OR when i get my riser on, along with everything else done.... NO PREVIEWS... you will get to see the end product..... ;)! ;)!

When you come up, you can ride it if you ask REALLY REALLY nice ;)!

Pleaseeeee...can I ride it......?

I will have to think about lending you either one of my babies..... :bling: :bling:

:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

Nicko said:
Pleaseeeee...can I ride it......?

I will have to think about lending you either one of my babies..... :bling: :bling:

LOL fine you can ride it.... straight up trade? your viper for my SX?? LOL :rofl:

tomorrow we will be putting in the track, susp, and putting the clutches back together... then the great smell of 2 stroke!

:letitsnow

Well today we got the rear skid and track in... also got tether wired in... all thats left to do is get my skis and front shocks mounted... still have to take my seat in... and still looking for a 2inch riser block....

:letitsnow

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

Nice job Carter......What are those front shocks out of.....?

I like the seat also, would be nice to see how you did it....

Nick

BTW, how is the snow there....?

Nicko said:
Nice job Carter......What are those front shocks out of.....?

I like the seat also, would be nice to see how you did it....

Nick

BTW, how is the snow there....?

thanks! the front shocks are off a 2000 SXR, the springs were taken off and sandblasted, then painted black..... the seat was done by a local upholstry shop, only cost me $100, only downside is that the snaps didnt line up because he forgot to add in a piece, so we had to improvise....

the snow is crap, i just pulled it into the yard to take pics, they are talking a storm i think for early next week, so we will see, so far only like 2.5inches... :letitsnow

EDIT: the seat is 3.5inches taller than stock, so it would be the height if you filled in foam from the back hump on the seat, to the front, we added the piece of foam that sits over the tank, the foam is VERY stiff... i like it ;)!

and remember those ugly blue C&a's that i bought at haydays? yeah, we sandblasted and painted those too..... so far the paint is holding up really well, for the first 4 miles i put on riding up and down the road we live on, not even the paint on the bottom wore off yet.

Last edited:
That's right they where baby blue those skis......Good job, hopefully it will hold.

Nice job overall....

Keep me posted on the storm, we have a really nice base (8 inches) but have not move the sleds yet....

Nick

SX_SLAYER said:
i might just do that this weekend, how do you do it? scuff it up with sandpaper and spray it on the inside??

Yes sir, just make sure it is really clean and apply 2-3 thin coats. I don't know if you have to sand it or not though? I'm thinking of doing this to my stock one I have after I cut it down to a cool shape, and paint it blue or black!

Edit: DO NOT SAND! I just read up on it a bit, and everyone says do not sand it, it will show through!

Last edited:
update, after 400miles... C&A baby blue skis, sandblasted and painted black, are holding... only paint wore off besides bottom, is the sides, and thats MINIMAL! it turned out well, wish i could say the same for my damn shocks, that chipped the paint (automotive, not can spray paint) off in the first ride, THANK GOD FOR SHOCK COVERS!

eric.s.t said:
If you dont mind me asking , what is the rise in the seat for ? better comfert?

easier to go from sitting to standing, i stand ALOT while riding, but its nice to be able to sit down without having your knees at an odd angle, im 5' 3"

also i put a 2" riser on so it makes alot more ditch friendly.

Back