96 vmax xt

super1c

Super Moderator
Just finnished today and having a cold beer! Got lucky with the primary clutch shear (wheew). The whole story is in the vmax help section. Big summer project was viper ski mod. Once again tech section was awesome. Went just how he said. Only diff was instead of washer on the main bolt i ground down the oem collars to fit. They look like they were always there. Only mods are thinned head gasket from bender, carbon fiber reeds and moved the clips on the needle. I did this a few years ago in hopes of improving MPG which it did nicley, and it really woke the sled up. She's got a few battle scars for a 12 year old but still looks nice!!!. My 12 year old daughter will be riding it this year as the wife and i now ride vipers!.

Attachments

• snowmobile #2 new 1.jpg
    snowmobile #2 new 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Snomoble #2 new 2.jpg
    Snomoble #2 new 2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Snomoble #2 new 3.jpg
    Snomoble #2 new 3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 28

Mpg question?

What clip position did you change to? What difference in gas mileage did you get? I got the same sled a couple weeks ago and I am getting about 5 mpg. and the clip is in the second position as recommended in the owner's manual. I also think the oil pump setting in the manual is way to rich, what is your experience?

If you got the manual i moved the needle a half washer to the lean side. I think that is up (both washers on top). Dont have the manual in front of me and it was a long time ago that i did that. Double check with manual, i know you want to lean it out a tad. Put the bender thin headgasket on, not sure if they still make it but its the same as a stock 95 gasket. Also went with carbon fiber reeds, not sure you can even get them anymore. Got them from bender also. I know these were pig rich from factory. I have never had any problems, you have to run premium gas post head gasket mod. I went from 8-10 mpg to a consistent 10-12 depending on how i was riding.

Back