Help bolt stuck

T.S.U.Filmz

I have a bolt stuck on the back side of my SRX where it holds the oil take to the gas tank. the threads are spinning in the tank and i cant get it out. what can I do?

thanks in advance
Jeff

See if you can get the head of a screwdriver or something under the bolt head and apply upward pressure, (twisting screwdriver,, good torque) as you turn the bolt out.. Or pressure under bolt its self... Vice grips locked tight as you lift & turn,,

I tried holding it with plyers but cant seem to get it from spinning. My next I am going to try to super glue it to the tank and see if that works.

Thanks for the advice

Jeff

had that same problem once. my method, solely out of desparation, was a little crude, but effective. i ended up snipping the ear on the oil tank with some dikes, spreading it apart slightly, and prying the tank carefully off the affected bolt. after reinstall, i squeezed the ear back around the bolt and put some epoxy on it. never had a problem with it. that mount into the fuel tank is a nut in a rubber gasket. not enough surface area to get an effective bond with adhesives. i would be curious to know how the thing was put into the fuel tank to begin with. hope this helps. good luck.

that is funny I just cut it with a set of dikes no more then an hour ago. planed on doing the same thing with it when i put it back together. thanks for the info.

Back