Weird rail / skid problem on v-max?

WEATHERBY460

92 v-max 4

I am unable to get the track to alighn properly so I pulled the skid. The right side was always showing more track then the left.

The rear wheels, the center 2 of the 4, are more to the right then the 2 wheels further up front. I have measured and check everything and cant figure it out why. I think I have a bent rail, but not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• v.jpg
    v.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 4
  • vv.jpg
    vv.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 6
  • vvv.jpg
    vvv.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 4

lenghthy, but hopefully informative: with the skid out, mount the drive axle back in. measure from drive axle to each skid mounting point. make sure they are equal left and right. now take a look at the skid. measure the ends of the cross shafts of the front and rear scissors in a crossing (x) fashion if you were squaring up say a box, picture frame, foundation or whatever. if its square, the x number will be the same. next, pull the shocks from the skid and reinstall the skid into the tunnel. measure to the rails from the tunnel. this will show if the rails are parallel with the tunnel. now you should be able to determine if the rails are straight with the tunnel, skid mounting points are equal and square, and mounting points are perpendicular to the drive shaft. one thing to note is that at the very front of the rails, forward of the last cross shaft, just after the bend, the rails should toe in about 10mm. let me know if more info is needed.

Back