Project 30hp has begun!

MUFDVR

I just started the triple pipe kit from Hauck. The kit comes with pipes, jet kit, clutch kit, torque arm, head gasket and all the hard ware for the pipes. I also have added the speed sheave. I just have to modify my helix to alow the secondary to function properly. I will admit these pipes fit alot better than my CPR's did. We will see if they perform as good? Life is good when you can get 30hp for $899.00. For less than 5k you can pick up an 02 Viper and make a animal out of it. I will let everyone know how it performs. We have acess to a radar gun, and a whole bunch of other sleds that are gunning for me! When might run it tonight in the grass to see how she feels. When I bought this sled used someone had added some wheels in the back and already had the torque arm in. I bought it from Troy City garage in NY. If this sounds like anyone's old sled let me know. Its a stock 02 blue viper with 144 picks. ;)!

Those Are Aaen Pipes That Hauck Has Now, The Cpr Make More Power. Why Did You Swich Pipes?? Because They Fit Better??

I am aware of that. Pat stated he has done some testing and they are real close. We will see. I thought I was getting the same pipes I had on my last 2002 viper and when I recieved them they were Aaen pipes. I called Titus and I wanted to switch the pipes. He could not come up with any. I took his word for it and am running these pipes. I can't find anyone that has done any real testing with both pipes. If you know of any field testing and real data I would love to see it. If these pipes make a little less hp I can overcome that with some good clutching. Pat and Titus have been good to me in the past. I will give it a go.

Yes fit is important. I don't need a hole in my hood. I do a lot of trail riding and I want a nice fit and performance runs a close second. I will hold Pat and Titus to the fire. If these pipes perform terrible I know they will take care of me.

aeen made 140 at 9200 rpm , bender 144 at 8700 , slp 146 at 8700 speedwerx at 149 but That was with head kit and reeds I believe. stock motor made 115 at 8500.

the cpr and hauck deal is over, that why pat sells the aaens now, they are close in power on the dyno, but!!! the cpr pipes will out accerate the aaens hands down!!! im just letting you know which pipes are the best for the viper, if i went with a second choice of pipes it would be slp or psi. good luck with the aaen pipes.

magic the pipes pictured on psi site look like the same picture as the pipes on jeffs.,cpr site. anybody try jaws pipes they always seem to do well for ski-doo.

I think i can make those pipes work.I will run my buddy with the CPR's . Who ever has the most money wins! My year to date is 4 times my buddies with the CPR's. I had the CPR's on my last Viper, they work great. If they are only off by 4 or 5 hp there are a few other variables. Traction, setup, carb synch, clutch alignment, jetting etc. Like I said I was planning on the CPR's and got Aaen's. We will see. If they don't work, i'll switch them. I like the challenge. The guy that helping me is very good at making the most out of fine tuning. Is there a dyno run by someone that is well known out there?

SRX Magic I see you are from Mass. We should go for a ride sometime. I also live in Mass. BETHEVIPER I am all set with the rear exchanger. I ran my other 02 for 1500 miles and never saw my light. Half of those miles were drag racing miles. I ran the head gasket, some good oil and some water wetter.

I guess that last post didn't go threw. Magic I see you live in Mass. As do I, we will have to go for a ride and try these sleds out. Betheviper thanks anyway. I ran my last 2002 Viper for 1500 miles and never saw the heat light. I ran the head gasket, good oil and some water wetter in the coolant. I beat that motor pretty good. Everyone and there brother wanted to race me that year.

Dyno

Currently, George is re-doing his dyno to handle higher HP engines, so he might not be able to dyno anything for a few weeks. But give him a call to find out when he will be ready.

Hey Dvr - Where in Mass you located ? I'm in Westfield.

Dvr, Come On Over......we Hang Out At Otis Res In Otis Ma. And North Pond In Southwick Ma.you Will Not Have And Problem Finding Sleds To Run There And I Do Some Testing There With My Pro Stock Srx. I Have Done #6 Hauck Vipers With The Cpr Pipes With No Heat Exchangers And No Burndowns. P.m. Me If You Want To Hook Up This Winter.

I live in the Northampton area. I know where you are. My friend John just sold Lou B's in southwick. Also another guy I used to race jet ski's with hangs out on otis. 133 is cooking! I have had Skidoo sleds for some time know and between Bickford and Benoits in Vermont I have had some good set up skidoo's, one of the fastest sleds i have seen was a product of a grude match. In 1997 I was kicking all my buddies *** with a MXZ670 that Benoits had spent alot of time on. We were making about 140 hp on there dyno and one friend wanted to end getting beat up. They did a 1050 kit on his 1998 Mach Z. He was running 127 in 1000 feet of ice. He was the chief of police in one of the small towns up here so we would just take the radar gun from the cruiser. So i have an idea what 133 might be like. I was running some pretty good top end speeds with my pipes Mach Z but I don't think it was in the mid 130's.

Webbe - Where did you get the Dyno's on the Pipes?

I have contacted SLP on the WOT spec.'s and they are adamant on there specification of 8,900. Would like to talk with the person who is getting 146 at 8,700.

Webbe, Stay A Way From The Jaws Pipes!! They Make Great Race Pipes, Not Viper Pipes

Water Wetter is made by a company called redline. It is supposed to keep the temp 20 degrees cooler. For 5 bucks its cheap insurance. I never saw a
heat light on my last pipes viper. We run it in the dirt bikes as well.

Back