spark plugs???

yamaddiction

the sticker on my sled "tune up specs" says it recomends BR10ecs, but all the things i've seen on here talk about BR9ecs , should i bye the BR10's or just get the BR9's ? i have a 98 SRX 700 if that helps

I have a 98 SRX600 I have used BR9ES's for two season now. This is what my Yammy dealer uses on their sleds, and recommonded to me. Th manual says BR10, but they changed it after the manual was published.

I traded for a 98SRX600 at the end of last winter and had a problem blowing spark plugs on start up. I tried just about all the different NGK plugs and none of them did very well, I found out this SRX is very temperamental on start up for some reason. Have to play with the choke on start up till it warms up and deffinately cannot touch the throttle till its warm(blows plug instantly). I have found that the Champion N2C plug works best for me. Just have to carry lots with me, cause them are hard to find anywhere out on the trails(every place has NGK). Well if anyone has had this problem also or any info on this problem, I would enjoy to hear about it.

Derwoody

Derwoody said:
I traded for a 98SRX600 at the end of last winter and had a problem blowing spark plugs on start up. I tried just about all the different NGK plugs and none of them did very well, I found out this SRX is very temperamental on start up for some reason. Have to play with the choke on start up till it warms up and deffinately cannot touch the throttle till its warm(blows plug instantly). I have found that the Champion N2C plug works best for me. Just have to carry lots with me, cause them are hard to find anywhere out on the trails(every place has NGK). Well if anyone has had this problem also or any info on this problem, I would enjoy to hear about it.

Derwoody

I heard all kinds of horror stories about plugs when I got my 98 SRX 600, but I just got two seasons out of one set of BR9ECS plugs. This year I changed them just to change them...

I would say if you are fouling spark plugs on start up, that it is time for new plug caps. My skidoo use to do this, foul one spark plug on start up. I changed the plug caps and had no more problems. Could be the same issue with some of those SRX's out there. Bad connections. I find after a few seasons the connections inside the spark plug boot corride.

98 SRXs where awful for fouling plugs if you touched the throttle on warm up. I think that is part of the reason they went with the BR9s in 99+.

Back