Advice on polishing the tunnel

PenguinLuke33

Hey I was wondering what advice anyone has on polishing the tunnel. Most people have told me mothers aluminum polish is the best but I was wondering things like how to apply it and if a polishing it by hand or by using a polishing ball worked better

My advice after having stripped and polished two of them is to leave it alone unless it's bare aluminum already. Unless you want a half time job keeping it looking fresh, it always looks like it needs to be polished. I found I just didn't have the time to maintain it. Looks great the first ride of the year, and goes downhill from there.

My thoughts on tunnel polishing:)

Mothers is fine, ball or by hand work equally well. Either way it's work.

Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish has treated me well. I usually apply it with cheese cloth or terry towel. Then I'll polish it up or wipe clean with a microfiber cloth. It's a pain to keep up on it throughout the season, but boy do the polaris and arctic cat guys drool a little in their helmets when you pass them by.

happich semichrome polish and elbow grease. get a work out and have an awesome shine all in 1! lol

Back