77 exciter help

sledge x

Helping a kid rebuild a 77 Exciter for stock class oval enduro racing. . We have it down to the bare chassis for the most part everyhing looks good except engine and clutch. Sent cylinders up to Kochs Performance in Crivitz going to get the parts together to rebuild it. Basically need some help putting a new primary cluch on it. Not to familiar with the old Yamaha stuff and wondering if all clutch pullers are the same? Previous owner took the spider and moveable off and did not get it with the machine so fixed sheve is still on engine. I am thinking the factory clutch is a 102 but not sure. I have also heard of guys using Polaris secondory springs in the Yamaha secondary. Any truth to that?

Yamaha Primary Is Not A 102. You Will Need A Yamaha Puller To Remove Clutch. The 102 I Think Your Refering To Is A Comet. Some Spring Are Interchangable, But Watch For Binding Issues. YOU MUST HAVE CORRECT PULLER FOR WHAT CLUTCH YOUR USEING. CAN,T JUST ASSUME A PULLER WILL WORK. YOU CAN HAVE BIG ISSUES WITHOUT RIGHT PULLER. I SUGGEST YOU BUY A COMET 102c FOR THAT SLED. yammie tony

Last edited:

Back