Putting Track And Chaincase On

yamaviperGS30

I just installed a 9830 track and was wondering if you need to trim the luggs or the heat exchange protectors. The luggs go over where the clips run and hit the front protectors and I don't want to trimm the protectors since I'm studding. I also took the chaincase off and am wondering where the spacers go back on at. Does the large one go on bottom gear and small one on top and is their any small washers that go on[I can't seem to find any]. And do both spacers go behind the gears.

yamaviperGS30 said:
I just installed a 9830 track and was wondering if you need to trim the luggs or the heat exchange protectors. The luggs go over where the clips run and hit the front protectors and I don't want to trimm the protectors since I'm studding. I also took the chaincase off and am wondering where the spacers go back on at. Does the large one go on bottom gear and small one on top and is their any small washers that go on[I can't seem to find any]. And do both spacers go behind the gears.

You dont need to trim anything,i installed the same track on my 01 srx and once you ride it it will wear itself in.As far as the spacers in the chaincase here is a link that will give you a diagram of how things go back together.
http://216.37.204.205/Yamaha_OEM/YamahaSnow.asp

Back