200 SXR 700 Mods

TheGreenMachine79

I am considering doing the reed stopper notch mod, peel the head gasket for more compression, and bore the silencer. How much more power will I see from these three mods? How will it affect reliability?

Also where can I find a write up on boring the silencer, I am not exactly sure what suppose to be done and want to make sure I do it right.

You see maybe 5 hps, never dynoed my sled but im guessing around there. Reliability with these triples are insanely good!

To bore the silencer take a 2" hole saw with a long extension and drill out the lower baffle. Its what I did and I love it!

The only ones I ever did on mine was the head gasket, and muffler boring, they worked very well. The sled sounded a lot better after boring the muffler too.

My red head triple has the gaskets peeled, reed spacers, rejetted and reclutched - runs like an entirely different sled. I drilled out the silencer but it was way too loud. I's getting hard to find them that aren't already drilled. If you want to try it the best way to do it is to buy one already done and try it. I didn't notice any difference really from the silencer mod. I do know that noise is a big reason a lot of trails get closed.

TheGreenMachine79 said:
Also where can I find a write up on boring the silencer, I am not exactly sure what suppose to be done and want to make sure I do it right.

I have an sx can that's drilled. I'll swap you straight across. You send me yours and I'll send you mine.

xsivhp said:
My red head triple has the gaskets peeled, reed spacers, rejetted and reclutched - runs like an entirely different sled. I drilled out the silencer but it was way too loud. I's getting hard to find them that aren't already drilled. If you want to try it the best way to do it is to buy one already done and try it. I didn't notice any difference really from the silencer mod. I do know that noise is a big reason a lot of trails get closed.

And I just tossed my stock 00 sx700r exhaust away! I put on Jerry Hauck's modded viper exhaust system,thin gaskets, Jerry boost ported my pistons,OD clutch,reed spacers,re-jetted..It rocked out!! Good luck and what ever you do you will notice increase's as these 700's are de-tuned big time.

I'm considering boring out my silencer, but I'm not looking for a lot of extra noise. How bad is the noise difference? I've heard the clip on the tech pages but it's hard to really compare without also hearing a stock one beside it. I mainly ride trails, just looking for a few extra hp where I can get it but I like the stock sound. Is it worth doing?

Back